Re: Titanfall games stopping abruptly mid game.

by thomashbEaShucks

Original Post

Titanfall games stopping abruptly mid game.

★★★ Newbie

I play titanfall on the 360. Lately I hae been noticing when I join a game in progress, the game will sometimes abruptly kick everyone back to the lobby. It only happens when I start off really hot it seems. Typically I get to between 4 or 6 kills and 1 or 0 deaths and as I am killing another pilot all of a sudden the game kicks everyone back to the lobby. It may sound like I am just complaining about it because a good game gets dropped but that is not the case. It has been happening for about two weeks and I started tracking when it happens and it always happens like i described mid kill. Then everyone gets kicked bac to the lobby and 4 of the last 5 times the other team was completely higher gen players. Is it possible someone is able to do something in game to stop the game? I know it is running on dedicated servers. It feels like someone is dying a few times and gets upset and somehow stops the game. Or maybe it is the games cheat system being triggered by something? Just becoming a recurring problem, happening once a day usually.

Message 1 of 5 (256 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I will provide you several workarounds, please accept as a solution if one of following steps helped you to solve this issue. If not, please respond that we can look for other possible solutions.

To make sure that no corrupt data causing your issue, you should clear your cache:

1. From the dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Highlight Hard Drive Device.
  5. Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.
  6. Reboot your console.

Redownload the updates for the game. NOTE: Not all games have a Title Update File.

1. From the Dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Select Hard Drive Device by pressing A.
  5. Select Games and Apps.
  6. Select Game Title.
  7. Delete Title Update File.
  8. Restart Game.
  9. Download the update when prompted.

Cheers                                                                                                                                                                       
Basti

Message 2 of 5 (238 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I did that. Will play for a while to see if it happens again. Also is there a reason that respawn hasnt worked into the game a thing that returns your burn cards if the game end prematurely? I have lost some pretty rare burn cards because of this. Also clearing my cache shouldn't have any effect on this. Its not just me that gets kicke back to the lobby. Everyone in the game is returned to the lobby. Then a new match starts. And there are always a couple people missing who left. That is why I feel like someone is somehow killing the game in the middle.

Message 3 of 5 (229 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is related to server error - client desynchronization. Sometimes you get kicked back to the main lobby and other times you might see the gray box with "retrying to connect to server". I tried playing this evening and had this problem during 5 out of 5 matches. I bought the game for the 360 a few days after the release and experienced no problems whatsoever for about three weeks...nowadays it is pretty much unplayable.

IMO, the problem lies with whomever manages and allocates severer capacities of the MS Azure cloud. The solutions EA is pushing here are just as useful as power cycling the console. 

Message 4 of 5 (222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, but i have had the desync thing happen and it tells you you have been desynchronized. This one just kicks you back to the lobby with all the same people but one or two. Maybe its just a not as bad desync.

Message 5 of 5 (216 Views)