Re: Titanfall failed to load due to video card not supporting features

by Dullios

Original Post

Titanfall failed to load due to video card not supporting features

★★ Novice

game setup failed because the video card does not support the required features

http://pastebin.com/S87UX3z4

Some time ago my video card decided to give up the ghost and after much effort I downloaded an updated driver but now I can't run titanfall. Before that it had run fine.

Message 1 of 7 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Software (driver) is not able to automatically turn a burned out husk (nor a terrible tinker toy of a video chip) into a brand new video device.  Burned out video solutions must be replaced by actual hardware that is added to a desktop.  A laptop is a dead end.  When video in one of those has failed, you have no options.  You replace it or you play no games with it. 

It makes no difference if your machine has a backup video chip.  Only real GPUs get any official support.

Video card: 512MB VRAM,
      Radeon HD 4770 or GeForce 8800GT

(Or equivilant)

Message 2 of 7 (368 Views)

★★ Novice

Ya I realized after I wrote it, it wasn't the physical card that failed it was the driver that just needed to be updated to a new one, but the new one won't run titanfall for some reason everything else works fine.

Message 3 of 7 (362 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

What video card and what driver? 

Message 4 of 7 (332 Views)

★★ Novice

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 with driver version 9.3.0.0

Message 5 of 7 (321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Please re-read the original reply.  Not only is there no support for any lesser product, you don't even want to waste any time with any lesser product:

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

Software (driver) is not able to automatically turn a burned out husk into a brand new video device.  Burned out video solutions must be replaced by actual hardware that is added to a desktop.  A laptop is a dead end.  When video in one of those has failed, you have no options.  You replace it or you play no games with it. 

Video card: 512MB VRAM,
      Radeon HD 4770 or GeForce 8800GT

An Intel HD 3000 NEVER, ever ran this game at all well.  Forget about it.

Message 6 of 7 (311 Views)

★★ Novice

It's a laptop it has what it came with, the point is I could play it before but then I had to update my driver and now I can't. I don't know why an updated driver should be less functional.

Message 7 of 7 (307 Views)