Re: Titanfall.exe has stopped working

by tvoiROTnaoborot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall.exe has stopped working

★★★ Novice

I know that there have been A LOT of fixes or possible solutions for this problem but NONE work for me.

I can start up titanfall, click on training/multiplayer/campaign then it starts loading the map and the moment I should enter the map (so when done loading)
the game crashes.

I have Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+
Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.30Ghz

Windows 7 - 64bit
4GB RAM

I have:
Repaired
Reinstalled
Patched
Added beta files
Updated all my drivers
Ran everything as admin
deleted Temp files
turned of AA

Basically tried anything I could find...

I put the game in windowed mode on the lowest settings, it keeps crashing no matter what Frown
I spent €50 on it thinking I could atleast run it...

Message 1 of 10 (6,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Very common problem. Titanfall supports only DX11, but your graphic card not. You should install titanfall shaders from beta (that works fine with older dx versions). Here is the link - [Random .rar file removed. - Admin.] Forgot to mention - just copy folder inside archive into Titanfall folder, and click "replace all".

You said you've done that before, but with some other actions. You should only install beta shaders on clean game and nothing more. Also when Origin updates Titanfall, it deletes beta files that you installed before, so you need to reinstall beta shaders after each patch, each update and each "repair game" action.

This helped me to make Titanfall run on 3 PC that at first show of with "has stopped working" error.

Mods, please stick this particular problem and this solution to top of the forums. It's VERY common problem that can easly fixed with replacing shaders.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (6,888 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Very common problem. Titanfall supports only DX11, but your graphic card not. You should install titanfall shaders from beta (that works fine with older dx versions). Here is the link - [Random .rar file removed. - Admin.] Forgot to mention - just copy folder inside archive into Titanfall folder, and click "replace all".

You said you've done that before, but with some other actions. You should only install beta shaders on clean game and nothing more. Also when Origin updates Titanfall, it deletes beta files that you installed before, so you need to reinstall beta shaders after each patch, each update and each "repair game" action.

This helped me to make Titanfall run on 3 PC that at first show of with "has stopped working" error.

Mods, please stick this particular problem and this solution to top of the forums. It's VERY common problem that can easly fixed with replacing shaders.

Message 2 of 10 (6,889 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tested and works, thank you very much for the help,only wish I had found this sooner, would not have wasted 24 of my 48 hours.

Message 3 of 10 (6,754 Views)

★★★ Novice

Cool man I'll try it out and keep you updated!

Message 4 of 10 (6,667 Views)

★★★ Novice

You son of a genius god you!

I swear I had tried this before but it works now!

I love you man!

Message 5 of 10 (6,664 Views)

★ Novice

Ok so I clicked on the link and downloaded the shady file onto my computer which installed Appupdater on my comp. Is it just suppose to work or is there something else I am missing?? I've tried to open Appupdater, Appupdater as user, and Create Baseline and nothing happens. Loaded up Titanfall just to see and the game crashed while I was loading into a game again??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Only have 27 hours of this 2 day pass left and haven't been able to play once yet!!!

Message 6 of 10 (6,608 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem (it works) but now i update #4 and everything is normal until i connect a game (the screen looks metallic colors, except the HUD), what can i do?i have all the system requirements. 

Message 7 of 10 (6,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same problem as GEMEGRANDE: did the fix with the platform.rar and the game worked, just until this last update ...When I am starting a game I always get a metallic screen but HUD is still in normal colours.

I found out that it seems to be an old problem. A gamer was complaining about metallic colors in the respawn forum and posted this picture http://imgur.com/my4Phjd at 12 of March! The last post in the forum was this one http://www.respawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9176&start=525, which is about this problem. A guy from Respawn replied that they are working on this problem ... so hopefuly there is a solution soon.

It just feels like you waste more time finding solutions for problems, than playing this game! Just annoying ... And because of what? Because I have not the newest dx11 hardware? This is something like hardware fascism!

Message 8 of 10 (6,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that doesnt work at all any other solution?

Message 9 of 10 (3,301 Views)

★★ Novice

I know this is late, but I recently bought Titanfall and I get the same issue with the crashing. But my Graphics Card supports Direct X 11, I've even checked which I'm running, and it's Direct X 11.1! Why am I getting this crash? Should I just replace the shaders with the beta?

Message 10 of 10 (2,569 Views)