Re: Titanfall.exe has stopped working (Before menus)

by WoodroweBones

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall.exe has stopped working (Before menus)

★★★ Apprentice

I've tried searching this like crazy. The only "fix" I can find is over a year old and involves the beta shaders. I was playing this game as recently as a week ago without issue. I went to play it today and there was an update for Origin. Now right after the intro videos when the game is loading the menus (Respawn logo at bottom and circle to the right indicating loading) it crashes. I tried deleting my local settings, etc. but the game refuses to run. I also did a repair on the directory

Message 1 of 4 (264 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the prompt response! It turns out the issue was something in Windows 10. I was running build 10070 and in my quest to resolve a weird mouse/clicking issue with the taskbar ended up changing my comp into the "Fast" update cycle and got build 10130 and that solved the issue with Titanfall as well

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (257 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@WoodroweBones it would help our community if we would know a little bit more about your hardware specifications and your operation system. 

You should check the following steps:

Please keep us updated.
Basti

Message 2 of 4 (258 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the prompt response! It turns out the issue was something in Windows 10. I was running build 10070 and in my quest to resolve a weird mouse/clicking issue with the taskbar ended up changing my comp into the "Fast" update cycle and got build 10130 and that solved the issue with Titanfall as well

Message 3 of 4 (258 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Good to know that it is working now and many thanks for sharing the details with our community.

Cheers

Basti

Message 4 of 4 (246 Views)