Re: Titanfall application error (0xc00007b)

by emu20

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

How about you replace my Dll files EA how about you hire some computer wiz to come over and figure all this out sure Im a gaming nerd but i know little to nothing about software and all that jazz.  Im sick of having to "fix" what shouldn't even have been a problem from the start how hard is it to smooth this out before launch?  This is the third launch you have screwed up I am never spending my money on your crappy products again and I feel bad for the guys at respawn for having you as a backer.  I paid 60 dollars just to have to repair a game and replace files I don't even know how to do that. 

Message 11 of 29 (8,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey moguns I got the fix, this worked for me!

if your windows is 64 bit you can do this:

I got these DLL files from this link: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/dlls.zip

These files represent the microsoft C++ redistributable files, and basically in my case mine were corrupt. So I downloaded those DLLs and pasted them into my C:\Windows\system32 directory, which should be the same for you.

It will ask you if you really want to replace those files, choose yes!

After that, the game runs like a charm!

I hope this helps you out moguns

Message 12 of 29 (12,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I really appreciate all of the feedback everyone, and Emu20 thanks tons for mentioning this. It didn't happen to work but I'll keep trying. Also, I have tried installing redist and it does nothing. If I can't get it tonight I'll just get a refund and will have learned a valuable lesson about Respawn and their handicap when it comes to the PC Platform.

Message 13 of 29 (8,589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue too. Already disputing the charge to get a refund.

Message 14 of 29 (8,580 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you again to everyone that posted and tried to help, to the other few people that had issues and to the Community people for offering to help. I ultimately decided to get a refund. Now, this experience was probably the worst I've had the misfortune to endure. The audacity of EA and Respawn to sell me a game that won't even run on my PC. Titanfall is the only game that won't run on my Rig. I know you don't care, you lost $60 which isn't much to the most hated Publisher or the AAA Developer but you lost much more than that. My respect.

I hope everyone has their issues resolved but this is the most pathetic excuse imaginable. I have to rely on the Community to help me? Not EA or The Developers? Consider everything EA permanetly erased.

Message 15 of 29 (8,569 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I got the same problem with the beta. But I don't think it's EA's fault this time. Cuz I got the same error with Strider. 

Try running sfc /scannow from command promt. (start->cmd). It will check your system files. If it doesnt finish - you got some corrupted system files. I've tried many things to resovle this issue, but nothing helped. If you are using XP you can restore them from disc, but on Win7 it's much trickier and I have "custom" version, so it didn't work for me. I think it's somehow involves DirectX which you cant just reinstall completly.

I've decided just to reinstall my system and I am 99.9 sure it will run perfectly. 

Message 16 of 29 (8,549 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Emu20! Your solution fixed my Strider! Thank you very much sir! Mb there is chance this will let me play Titanfall without reinstalling the system. I'll  try it out and share with u guys. Need to buy one first=)

Message 17 of 29 (8,537 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yep! Titanfall works as well. Thank you emu20

Message 18 of 29 (8,525 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry it didnt work for you Moguns Frown

but,I am glad it worked for you maxjfrost!

Message 19 of 29 (8,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you paste the files

Message 20 of 29 (8,445 Views)