Titanfall Season Pass - Installed, but can't play DLC content

by donwhitlow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall Season Pass - Installed, but can't play DLC content

★★★ Newbie

It seems like there are a lot of folks with this problem, but none of the threads I've seen have a fix for the issue. I bought the Titanfall Season Pass for Xbox One, but when I am in Titanfall and try to play the Expedition maps, I get the standard "This playlist requires one or more downloadable map packs that you or someone in your private lobby doesn't own". 

When I look in the Xbox One Store, it definitely shows as as being 'Installed".

Are there any fixes for this? I can't believe EA isn't providing any sort of fix or feedback in these forums to resolve this issue as it seems to be affecting a lot of people. 

Dear EA, please provide a fix, or refund my Season Pass purchase for the game.

Message 1 of 8 (12,910 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall Season Pass - Installed, but can't play DLC content

★★★ Newbie

Hey Everyone,

So it turns out this is partially my fault. I hadn't actually downloaded the Expeditiion DLC from the Store, only the actual Season Pass. Duh on my part. For anyone reading this with the same problem me as me, you have to actually download the Expedition DLC and not just the Season Pass. Makes total sense now. I was treating them as seperate items, thinking that by just installing the Season Pass that I'd automatically get the new maps. Thats not the case.

However, even after downloading the content, I wound up having to fully quit Titanfall by making sure the game was highlighted in the dashboard, hitting settings, and making sure to hit Quit. After restarting the game, the new content was there, and I was playing the new maps.

Hopefully this helps others who are just making the same simple mistake I made. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (13,427 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the EXACT same problem. I also purchased the season pass TODAY via my XBOX One which says it's installed. I also received an E-mail confirmation that I've been charged for the Season Pass. Is this a server problem? Temporary?

Message 2 of 8 (12,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just performed a hard reset (leave XBOX on button pressed for 10 seconds) and that resolved the problem.

Message 3 of 8 (12,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Everyone,

So it turns out this is partially my fault. I hadn't actually downloaded the Expeditiion DLC from the Store, only the actual Season Pass. Duh on my part. For anyone reading this with the same problem me as me, you have to actually download the Expedition DLC and not just the Season Pass. Makes total sense now. I was treating them as seperate items, thinking that by just installing the Season Pass that I'd automatically get the new maps. Thats not the case.

However, even after downloading the content, I wound up having to fully quit Titanfall by making sure the game was highlighted in the dashboard, hitting settings, and making sure to hit Quit. After restarting the game, the new content was there, and I was playing the new maps.

Message 4 of 8 (13,428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Donwhitlow is right. Just make sure you download the Expedition DLC - around 1.90gigs, whereas the season pass is 22megs. Makes sense. Thanks don

Message 5 of 8 (12,818 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That was my problem too. :manembarrassed: Thanks for the update Donwhitlow!!

@donwhitlow wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Message 6 of 8 (12,308 Views)

★ Novice

Man, that was confusing. There is no clear way to see that the DLC is not downloaded or that it can be.

I was lucky to find that if you went into details for the game and double clicked the dlc there it will start the download.

Please make dlc management more clear.

Thanks for the help.

Message 7 of 8 (8,053 Views)

Titan fall

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Thanks this helped a lot!
Message 8 of 8 (7,289 Views)