[Titanfall] Low FPS in the Menu screen.

by Ub3rJaeger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Titanfall] Low FPS in the Menu screen.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

As the title above suggests, the menu screen is very slow and laggy/unresponsive.  I tried repairing the game via Origin but it's no good.  I'm getting like 19-22 FPS just being in the menu screen. When I click 'Play', the connection takes forever and hangs.  What's the problem here??

Message 1 of 9 (4,799 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Titanfall] Low FPS in the Menu screen.

★★ Novice

I had the same issue when Origin updated for me last night - after the couple of Respawn opening screens, my FPS would drop from 60 to 5 and completely hang up. After a lot of monkeying around, I disabled the Origin overlay and that fixed the problem for me. Maybe give that a shot?

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (4,762 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Have you been able to play before? Do you use a laptop? If so please ensure that it's using the discrete card(if it has one) as opposed to swapping to a low-power mode when the game starts.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (4,766 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issue when Origin updated for me last night - after the couple of Respawn opening screens, my FPS would drop from 60 to 5 and completely hang up. After a lot of monkeying around, I disabled the Origin overlay and that fixed the problem for me. Maybe give that a shot?

Message 3 of 9 (4,763 Views)

★ Novice

My system runs this game just fine, better than fine.  I'm not using a laptop.  My system specs are :

Core i5

HD 7870XT

8GB Ram

Windows 7 HP 64-bit

And yeah, the menu screen is still laggy and unresponsive.  In fact, this only happens after the recent 40mb update.  So, yeah, definitely on Origins side..

Message 4 of 9 (4,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

You mean like disabling Origin In Game? I'm not sure how to do what you did.

[Edit : Yeap, I went to the In Game Options and disabled the Origin In Game and it solved the problem outright.  Thanks!]

Message 5 of 9 (4,661 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THX this fixed it for me too. Wasted hours of time - ea/origin still sucks...

Message 6 of 9 (4,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me it was MSI afterburner that was the culprit.

Message 7 of 9 (4,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

^^ thanks for mentioning that, that was the problem for me as well.  the api must not allow it. disabled riva tuner as well, have not tried fraps yet though

Message 8 of 9 (3,199 Views)

★ Novice

AMD 7990

intel i7

windows 7 64 bit

32 gigs ram

I experience a stutter throughout the whole game.

even in the menus. help?

Message 9 of 9 (1,754 Views)