Re: Titanfall 'Directx Setup Error: An internal error occurred'

by sockboss

Original Post

Titanfall 'Directx Setup Error: An internal error occurred'

★★ Novice

Hi! Whenever I attempt to install Titanfall, an error message pops up saying 'Directx Setup Error: An internal error occurred'. I've looked around and found that some people said to delete all the .cab files in the directx folder, but that didn't seem to work. I've also tried repairing the game multiple times. 

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 21 (13,705 Views)

Hero

Try running the two installers in the _installer folder inside your game directory.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 21 (13,549 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried running the two installers but nothing changed. Nothing opened, nothing closed. It only asked me for permission to make changes to the computer. 

Should I try repairing once more? Or is there something else?

Message 3 of 21 (13,546 Views)

★ Novice

I had the exact same problem. I solved it by right clicking the game in my origin app and click repair game. 

Message 4 of 21 (13,320 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I've repaired it maybe 3-4 times now. Should I try to contact EA directly or..?

Message 5 of 21 (13,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

all i had to do was keep clicking the ready to install button after about 5 times of having that message pop up and reclicking it finally pushed through for me and started unpacking audio and so forth hope it helps

Message 6 of 21 (12,625 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

what i did, i just waited on the menu 'Directx Setup Error: An internal error occurred' and then a installer pops up and i installed it and now it work fine for me..

Message 7 of 21 (12,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried deleting all the files and re-installing, I have also tried repairing files, I even tried deleting all the cab files in the directx folder and repairing, all of these failed to work. Can someone help me plz. Does it help I have windows 8.1?

Message 8 of 21 (12,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to go into the Titanfall DirectX file and delete all the Cab.files. This vid shows the process, worked perfect for me.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVGmXI0pNGE

Message 9 of 21 (11,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is what worked for me. everything else failed. this worked. do this. watch this video.

Message 10 of 21 (11,511 Views)