Titanfall Bans For Playing Early

by crooney36

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall Bans For Playing Early

★★★ Newbie

Hello, there are several methods to play Titanfall early and I was wondering if Origin/EA will be actively banning users for playing their legitimate copies of the game early by using this exploit. Given the game is going to be coming out in 2 days I did not think users would be banned for playing the copies of the game they bought. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 19 (587 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall Bans For Playing Early

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Vince saying no bans seems official:

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/441830222480953344

but the use of modified exe's is not allowed.

Waiting untill release is of course always the savest option. Release is

not far anymore.

View in thread

Message 17 of 19 (684 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro
There's no official word anywhere yet. Technically EA would be well within their rights to ban these users as per the Terms of Service, however, whether that'll be put into practice is unknown. Safest thing is to wait until official launch before you play. Standard smile
Message 2 of 19 (570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Please note that you should not use any exploit, to play the game early. I can not promiss, but if you get cought, you may face actions taken against your account. Also please note, EA is not responsible if you use any exploit, for the problems that exploit creates for you.

If this helps, please click the white XP button and to give me some XP.
If this solves your question, click the green solution button and mark it as solution so it can help others with the same problem.

EDIT: Also read the post above.

Message 3 of 19 (567 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there anyway you could ask for an official statement?

I would like to know whether or not people will be banned for doing this tactic to get ahead early.

Message 4 of 19 (563 Views)

Hero (Retired)

No i would not do this. I can't hold you back but if you get banned for doing so you can't say you weren't warned. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(っ◕‿◕)っ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Did my post solve your question? please click ⇨ Accept as Solution & Award me and click the ⇨ XP Button!
Do you need further assistance? PM me with game related issues only. Account issues? http://help.ea.com/

- Branden / MorningTimeCloud

Message 5 of 19 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

tramatiic1, you can contact support for future information, about this. To contact them, follow this steps:

For this, you will need to contact Origin/EA support. They will gladly help you, with this problem. To contact them, see the steps below: 

*Note that some players may have issues when using Internet Explorer. If this is the case, please use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome*

Click the following link and log in: https://help.ea.com/en/

Then click on Help with a Game, and choose your game. If your game isn't listed, try entering the name on the search bar to the right. Alternately you can choose the Browse By Topic option and choose your relevant topic. If it is an account issue that doesn't require Game Advisor assistance, you can click the Manage Account button.

On the next page you will see a bunch of articles, links to community fixes, and a manuals tab for the chosen game.

If the articles aren't relevant to you, scroll to the bottom of the page, and you will get an option to Contact Us.

Click this and you will be prompted to choose your platform, the topic of your issue and to give a brief description of the issue at hand.

You will then have your options available, such as having a Live Chat with an advisor, or scheduling a callback if it is available in your region.

After this, you will get a live chat or a callback (depending on what you chosen) with an EA agent, that will be glad to help you.

If this helps, please click the white XP button and to give me some XP.
If this solves your question, click the green solution button and mark it as solution so it can help others with the same problem.

Message 6 of 19 (556 Views)

★★★ Pro

@tramatiic1 wrote:

Is there anyway you could ask for an official statement?

I would like to know whether or not people will be banned for doing this tactic to get ahead early.

I will see if I can get someone in to post a few words, don't expect anything different from what has already been said though. Standard smile

Message 7 of 19 (554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was looking for more of an official statement from someone from EA 

Message 8 of 19 (547 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks, I would love an official statement even if it just reassures what has already been said.

Message 9 of 19 (539 Views)

★ Guide

People on Reddit using the method of altering the .exe file did contact EA support and were told that EA won't be banning for this as long as you have a legitimate copy of the game (just like Vince Zampella tweeted). Here's the Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1zwyip/about_the_possible_origin_bans/

Hope that helps!

Message 10 of 19 (517 Views)