Titanfall Audio Installation Failed! Decode: Corrupt secondary header 1.

by isaiahq420

Original Post

Re: Titanfall Audio Installation Failed! Decode: Corrupt secondary header 1.

★★★ Newbie

where can i find cam_list?

Message 31 of 43 (2,685 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's in Origin\Games\Titanfall\vpk.

Message 32 of 43 (2,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

nvm already found it

Message 33 of 43 (2,681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Message 34 of 43 (2,473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@GrimWake wrote:

This happened to me in Beta and happend again during my pre load. There was a solution on the beta forums and it worked for me again.

1. Go into the titanfall folder vpk and open the notepad file cam_list

2. Delete the the Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_000.vpk (in notepad file cam_list,  not the actual file) and save

3. install again (don't repair it will put it back)

4. Once the install is complete repair the game

When I did this in beta I played without repairing and the sound was messed up. Once I repaired it it fixed the issue. I was able to install tonight and repair. I can't check the sound untill the game comes out.

edit: delete pak000_00x.vpk   whichever one is giving you the error in cam_list

You are a champ! I was pulling my hair out until I found your post. Worked like a charm.

Message 35 of 43 (2,430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm glad I spent money on a game that wont work kind of * if you ask me I fixed it then it * up again origin you suck and your worthless

Message 36 of 43 (1,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you find the folder though?

@GrimWake wrote:

This happened to me in Beta and happend again during my pre load. There was a solution on the beta forums and it worked for me again.

1. Go into the titanfall folder vpk and open the notepad file cam_list

2. Delete the the Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_000.vpk (in notepad file cam_list,  not the actual file) and save

3. install again (don't repair it will put it back)

4. Once the install is complete repair the game

When I did this in beta I played without repairing and the sound was messed up. Once I repaired it it fixed the issue. I was able to install tonight and repair. I can't check the sound untill the game comes out.

edit: delete pak000_00x.vpk   whichever one is giving you the error in cam_list

Message 37 of 43 (1,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

FIX

I got hold of EA customer support and the second support analyst I spoke to helped me fix it. Thought I'd post it on here as I've only just got the game on DVD and had the same issues after trying to install it from disc - my install of Titanfall 1 got to the uncompressing of audio, around 36,000 out of 39,000 and failed with the messages:

Titanfall Audio Installer Error / Titanfall Audio Installation Failed!'

Error: A redistributable package (audio_installer.exe) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. Soccer ball

The files in question that these errors related to were:

Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_005.vpk

Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_089.vpk

I could not uninstall Titanfall 1 as it hadn't fully installed, so no such option was available. 

Here's a fix, as advised by EA (extra steps done by me are in orange).

1. Uninstall Origin (don't worry about your settings, games library etc, they're all in the cloud so will all return on reinstallation).
2a. On step 5, I also deleted the Titanfall folder in LocalContent because when I followed this EA process first time, it failed.
2b. Don't reinstall Origin at this point.
3. Use Windows to search for all folders for Titanfall everywhere on your PC - delete any that are remaining (this won't work if you haven't indexed your hard drives so you'll have to search for them manually).
4. Use CCleaner for both apps and registry - EA link: https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/WZ3xsrsV/noheader
5. MSConfig reboot (I left Avast running, I also may have disabled unecessary stuff in the 'Startup' tab but I can't remember because it was the middle of the night when I did this) - EA link: https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/eEestC7x/noheader
7. In Origin, download Titanfall again.
8. Fingers crossed, you'll have success!

n.b. If you have purchased it on DVD and use Origin, don't use the disks to install, just enter your license key in Origin and download the game instead as the problem files may have been rectified from ones that are on DVDs.
Message 38 of 43 (927 Views)

★★★ Novice

FIX

I got hold of EA customer support and the second support analyst I spoke to helped me fix it. Thought I'd post it on here as I've only just got the game on DVD (Aug 2018) and had the same issues after trying to install it from disc - my install of Titanfall 1 got to the uncompressing of audio, got to around 36,000 out of 39,000 and failed with the following errors:

Titanfall Audio Installer Error / Titanfall Audio Installation Failed!

Error: A redistributable package (audio_installer.exe) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue.

....in relation to the the following files on numerous installation attempts...

I could not uninstall Titanfall 1 as it hadn't fully installed, so no such option showed.

1. Uninstall Origin (don't worry about your settings, games library etc, they're all in the cloud so will all return on reinstallation).
2a. (on step 5, I also deleted the Titanfall folder in LocalContent because when I followed this EA process first time, it failed).
3. Use Windows to search for all folders for Titanfall everywhere on your PC - delete any that are remaining (this won't work if you haven't indexed your hard drives so you'll have to search for them manually).
4. Use CCleaner for both apps and registry - EA link: https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/WZ3xsrsV/noheader
5. MSConfig reboot (I left Avast running, I also may have disabled unecessary stuff in the 'Startup' tab but I can't remember because it was the middle of the night when I did this) - EA link: https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/eEestC7x/noheader

n.b. If you have purchased it on DVD and use Origin, don't use the disks to install, just enter your license key in Origin and download the game instead as the problem files may have been rectified from ones that are on DVDs.

Message 39 of 43 (917 Views)

★★★ Novice

FIX

I got hold of EA customer support and the second support analyst I spoke to helped me fix it. Thought I'd post it on here as I've only just got the game on DVD (Aug 2018) and had the same issues after trying to install it from disc - my install of Titanfall 1 got to the uncompressing of audio, got to around 36,000 out of 39,000 and failed with the following errors:

Titanfall Audio Installer Error / Titanfall Audio Installation Failed!

Error: A redistributable package (audio_installer.exe) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue.

....in relation to the following files on numerous installation attempts...

I could not uninstall Titanfall 1 as it hadn't fully installed, so no such option showed.

2a. (on step 5, I also deleted the Titanfall folder in LocalContent because when I followed this EA process first time, it failed).

Message 40 of 43 (898 Views)