Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Connectivity

by Huldra1610

Original Post

Highlighted

Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Connectivity

★★ Novice

So this problem seems to be pervasive even in 2020.

Currently on PC I am still stick on the 'Searching for Data Centres' which causes the multiplayer to lock. I've tried opening ports on all my PC firewall, disabling all the network adaptors that I was not using (including hidden ones), repairing the game, contacted EA with pages of possible solutions and still got nothing. There was an option with opening ports on the router, however I have a copy on PS4 and that works just fine despite both being connected to the same ethernet switch and router. I'd rather not mess with that if it is not necessary.

Just as a note, I also tried switching to using the WIFI and it still faces the same issue.

I am trying to get the PC version to work since most of my friends play this game on PC (plus I prefer controls on PC). Are there any other solutions out there? (Or just a fix? This game has been out a long while, I'd thought a bug this big would have been fixed by now)

Thanks anyone in advance who attempts to help!

Message 1 of 5 (512 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Connectivity

EA DICE Team

Hey @Huldra1610 could you try to clean boot the PC and make sure that Titanfall 2 is not blocked by any anti virus or firewall. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 5 (439 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had the exact same issue, as with others on answers HQ and similar to you, I've tried absolutely everything and had no luck with getting the game to work. I love Titanfall 2 and played it and its predecessor on the Xbox but when I switched to PC this year, the game wouldn't detect any data centres. I think it might have something to do with newer PCs, although I'm not completely sure. I've heard that someone tried to play the game on an older system and it worked fine but when they switched to a newer model, the game would not locate any data centres. I've bought 2 copies of the game; one through origin itself and the other through steam. What a waste of money! 

I hope it works out for you though! I would recommend trying to run the game on a different PC than the one you are using right now. Clean booting your computer probably won't fix the issue either; I've even reinstalled windows on my laptop to try fixing the connectivity issue but it was persistent. ): 

Good luck! 

Message 3 of 5 (432 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic So I have the same problem but none of these steps (along with those provided by three different EA support people) have fixed it. I've also tried the basic troubleshooting steps recommended to me before but that hasn't worked either. I posted about this issue on another thread but it was left unsolved.
Message 4 of 5 (431 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the heads up! My PC laptop is brand new so I really would rather not mess with it. Also I almost bought it on Steam thinking that being a different client might help and you just saved me a chunk of money there. :')

It's such a shame! I'm having a blast playing it on the PS4 and there is a decent amout of people playing on there still. I'm usually not into online multiplayers especially the shooters, but Titanfall 2 is brilliant. My friend told me it's quiet on PC, but no surprises considering it doesn't work for so many people.

I think I will leave it. I did pretty much everything they told me so far and nothing works. I'd rather not mess with my laptop any further. Having to do this much messing around with your PC just to get a game working is ridiculous and the problem should be fixed on EA's end.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 5 (422 Views)