TitanFall Audio Installation failed !

by F1raz

Original Post

Re: TitanFall Audio Installation failed !

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

FIX

I got hold of EA customer support and the second support analyst I spoke to helped me fix it. Thought I'd post it on here as I've only just got the game on DVD (Aug 2018) and had the same issues after trying to install it from disc - my install of Titanfall 1 got to the uncompressing of audio, got to around 36,000 out of 39,000 and failed with the following errors:

Titanfall Audio Installer Error / Titanfall Audio Installation Failed!

Error: A redistributable package (audio_installer.exe) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue.

....in relation to the following files on numerous installation attempts...

Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_005.vpk

Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_089.vpk

I could not uninstall Titanfall 1 as it hadn't fully installed, so no such option showed.

Here's a fix, as advised by EA (extra steps done by me are in orange).

1. Uninstall Origin (don't worry about your settings, games library etc, they're all in the cloud so will all return on reinstallation).
2a. (on step 5, I also deleted the Titanfall folder in LocalContent because when I followed this EA process first time, it failed).
2b. Don't reinstall Origin at this point.
3. Use Windows to search for all folders for Titanfall everywhere on your PC - delete any that are remaining (this won't work if you haven't indexed your hard drives so you'll have to search for them manually).
4. Use CCleaner for both apps and registry - EA link: https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/WZ3xsrsV/noheader
5. MSConfig reboot (I left Avast running, I also may have disabled unecessary stuff in the 'Startup' tab but I can't remember because it was the middle of the night when I did this) - EA link: https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/eEestC7x/noheader
7. In Origin, download Titanfall again.
8. Fingers crossed, you'll have success!

n.b. If you have purchased it on DVD and use Origin, don't use the disks to install, just enter your license key in Origin and download the game instead as the problem files may have been rectified from ones that are on DVDs.

Message 41 of 44 (1,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded TitanFall today and was ready to try this game.  I kept getting the audio installer error.  Your fix was spot on!  Thanx dude!!!

Message 42 of 44 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Copy the contents of vpk folder and then paste it in x64 folder in bin folder. Then drop cam_list.txt on audio installer, it'll execute automatically.

Message 43 of 44 (743 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Titanfall please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 44 of 44 (646 Views)