"Final Hours of Titanfall" Fails to Install

by derturbanator

Original Post

The Final hours of Titanfall not installing

★★★★ Novice

The Final Hours of Titanfall, is not installing, regardless of having it unblocked in anti-virus, having adobe air installed. When Install is clicked in Origin, an Adobe Air error window pops up saying "Sorry an error has occurred.  The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author." i have looked every where to get this sorted out, and i can't even request a refund for it because it's not eligible for a refund...........................................

Message 1 of 4 (1,358 Views)
Highlighted

"Final Hours of Titanfall" Fails to Install

★ Novice

I recently bought The Final Hours of Titanfall on Origin, but whenever I try to install it, I get an error message from Adobe Air that reads: "The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author." I've reinstalled Adobe Air from their official website, and I don't know what else to do than to surmise that something is wrong with the Origin-side file that is corrupted somehow.

Message 2 of 4 (1,289 Views)

Re: The Final hours of Titanfall not installing

EA DICE Team
@aabatu Looks like Adobe Air i trying to install a file that it cant. If you disable or uninstall adobe air does the same thing happen?
/Atic
Message 3 of 4 (1,216 Views)

Re: The Final hours of Titanfall not installing

★★★ Newbie

If anyone is finding this post searching through google with little resolution, then hopefully this helps.

The app "The Final Hours of Titanfall" firstly, requires Adobe Air installed.

Secondly, the certificate used when you run the final hours executable is dated from 2017. This issue and resolution is detailed here - 

https://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2017/11/adobe-air-applications-installation-issue.html#sthash.UI...

I resolved mine by temporarily setting the computers date back to pre October 2017, run and complete the install, then set to automatic again.

Good Luck

Message 4 of 4 (1,001 Views)