TOO MANY PROXIES FOR DATATABLE DT_BASEPLAYER

by SoohNabis

Original Post

Re: UPDATE ON CRASHING GAMES / NO ERROR MSG

★★★ Apprentice

well done buddy , but sadly they are following the "protocol" that we all already know , and doing nothing , hopefully this problem will be well known , and eventually public , and they stop selling the game and scamming people.

Message 71 of 82 (1,641 Views)

★★ Novice

EA/Respawn/Whom it may concern:

We've found a workaround that allows full match play. It requires (at this time) timing and coordination between 4, 6+6, or 8+8 players.

I suspect I know how the crasher works as I'm somewhat familiar with source engine modding, but I'd need logs to verify exactly what's occurring. 

Ideally TF1 would be open sourced and/or release dedicated server binaries/installers/containers/whatever so we can run our our dedicated servers with anticheat/adminmod/metamod anti cheat protections. I'd gladly run a couple from my basement where I already run L4D2 and CS:GO dedicated servers.

EA/Respawn/whoever has control over these servers - Please contact me directly for the details - here's our proof of concept we ran yesterday:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/458919633

Thanks,

Your Friendly Neighborhood FrostySn0men

Message 72 of 82 (1,347 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

PLEASE!!!

Message 73 of 82 (1,329 Views)

★★ Novice

It's been awhile since my turbo gun game dev days (I was working on a much faster version that was straight mod and didn't use mattie's scripts (instant gun transition, etc).. but...

If I remember correctly, this is where you'd need to look:

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/source-sdk-2013/blob/master/mp/src/game/server/player.cpp#L7500

The crasher is using an illegal player name - I've verified this by intentionally loading lobbies with many spaces open and waiting. very long name of what looks like unprintable characters.

This would not take a dev familiar with TF1 very long to fix. You'd save yourself a huge publicity nightmare and make a lot of people very happy.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Your Friendly Neighorhood FrostySn0men

Message 74 of 82 (1,286 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You're wasting your time... No one on that end cares...

Message 75 of 82 (1,271 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

thanks man for doing all this effort to fix this awesome game ruined by a mediocre support.

hopefully they listen to you , after all you are doing their dirty job , now what its left to do its almost clear.

🤖 our titans are waiting to be deployed!

Message 76 of 82 (1,256 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for your efforts, Frosty. But EA has no interest in fixing the server. Your suggestions and good advice are so much appreciated that they will at most remove your comment from the topic. And for a week or two, or even a month, they will be banned from the forum. Unfortunately, this is a common practice among helpdesk users. They will not repair TF1 themselves. We have been trying to help EA for over a year. Thanks, everyone was silenced in their own forums. These are sad facts and unfortunately true. Any thread about the TF1 hacker verifies that the topic has not been deleted or locked. Unfortunately, your efforts are in vain. We have a saying to this. From a dog, there will never be bacon! Please accept my thanks on behalf of the TF1 community, but unfortunately it won't work.

Message 77 of 82 (1,245 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I got a 60-day and didn't miss a thing... that's how pathetic this is...

Message 78 of 82 (1,226 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@RUFFSTUFF138 So they actually ban people here for speaking out? Rather than that cheater for over a year?
Message 79 of 82 (1,178 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, they especially have a hard spot when you remind the admins that they are not doing anything that benefits the people who paid for the game. The irony of getting banned from the forum for the game that is 100% unplayable is not lost on me...

Verifiable proof has been posted here and subsequently deleted by the admins. That includes videos and links. Just look through the threads and see for yourself...

Message 80 of 82 (1,170 Views)