System32\D3DCOMPILER_43.dll contains an error

by thacamstar

Original Post

System32\D3DCOMPILER_43.dll contains an error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just installed titanfall on windows 8.1 with directx11 and up to date .NET and C++. The program will not even launch because it gives me this error code saying that "D3DCompiler_43.dll" in the System32 folder is "either not designed to run on windows or contains an error". Ran a repair and that didnt fix it. The error code it gave me was "0xc000012f". Pretty annoyed since I bought this and expected to be able to play...

Spoke with someone from EA live chat, and they had me go through tons of steps none of which worked. I finally downloaded a d3dcompiler_43.dll file from a google search and copied it into system 32. Now when I click on the game in Origin, instead of giving me an error code, now just nothing happens.

Now I am re-downloading the game and then will re-install to see if that works... I guess 40$ wasn't a steal after all.

Message 1 of 2 (1,201 Views)

Re: System32\D3DCOMPILER_43.dll contains an error

Community Manager (retired)

Okay please keep us updated if it works after the installation. You can try to remove Direct X completely from your system in order to install the latest Direct X version as a download or even better, from your Titanfall disk (if you have one). 

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 2 (1,164 Views)