Re: Stuck on space-ship loading screen after pressing "PLAY"

by mfleener

Original Post

Stuck on space-ship loading screen after pressing "PLAY"

★★★ Apprentice

This is ridiculous.

After waiting months for this game to come out and installing it right away when it arrive today, I am unable to play. Why am I not surprised.

I'm in Australia and play on PC. There are no Australian servers. There's a problem right there.

When I open up Titanfall and press "PLAY" no matter what data-centre I select, I just get stuck on the next loading screen. The one with the space-ships. the loading circle thing just spins non-stop until I manually close the game. It doesn't even give a bloody option to go back to the menu.

Honestly, this is just terrible. This happened in the Beta too and I let it slide after making a post here because after all, it was Beta. But this is full release. The retail version that cost me a lot of money and I can't even play the damn game?

I heard there are Australian servers coming soon but how soon? Will they even fix this problem? I don't understand how you can release a game and have it not work for so many people.

If any other people have had this same issue and fixed it, please share your solution as I am extremely angry about this.

Thank you.
- Daniel

Message 1 of 19 (4,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have this exact problem also, i spend 2 hours (until i had to go to bed for work this morning) on a live chat with tech support, in the end they didnt fix my problem, but they felt that i should have my origin install on the same drive as my titanfall. battlefield 4 and star wars work fine witht he same setup, so their solution seems pointless.

ill try to list what they got me to do (although i had already tried all of this from reading forums)

- turn off in game origin

-add the ports to windows firewall (which i dont even have turned on since i use another, which i disabled and added the ports to just in case)

-reboot modem

-the tech tested my account to ensure it did work

-reboot my machine

-repair the game

-reinstall the game

-clean out windows temp folder

-empty origin installs folder (though origin application)

-try all servers (same result)

what i did not try:

-installing Origin and the game to the C: drive together (they suggested that, i believe that was a hail mary for them) not necessarily something i want to do since i have a 120g SSD as my operating system drive and for some apps, and my games reside on a 240g SSD (well the games i want to laod fast)

- try to get my money back (which will likely be impossible since i bought the physical copy and applied the number to my account)

So there you have it

Dave

Message 2 of 19 (4,510 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well I can help you out here :P

I actually did install it to my 120 GB SSD (after finally managing to free up enough space) and this does not solve anything. So don't bother with that.

I'm also in the same boat with you and the refund. Bought retail/physical copy and used the code on my Origin account... so that sucks

Message 3 of 19 (4,503 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and im in france,

It only hapens at peek times thow so during the day it is fine but after evry one has finished work, that is when i can no longer get in to the game,

Very frustrating!

Message 4 of 19 (4,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.

I was able to play earlier today.

Who the **bleep** designs a game with a blank screen and doesn't include some kind of **bleep**ING timeout and error message. A bunch of morons, that's who. 

Message 5 of 19 (4,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue in the USA.  I'm not using a PC, I'm using XBOX One. 

I have tried all the typical fixes:

• Cold reboot
  • Unistall, Reinstall
  • Power cycled my Cable modem

I also took my XboxOne to work and pluged it directly into our backup internet connection with a public IP.  200MB Connection from ATT, still same issue.

This game is going back.  Please stop launching games that you cannot support.

Message 6 of 19 (4,159 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same thing's been happening to me since beta.

Message 7 of 19 (4,133 Views)

★ Apprentice
Agreed, they have an open beta and fix NOTHING! We need to make this public. I been posting everywhere I can getting the word out.
Message 8 of 19 (4,126 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same issue, and I think it's something wrong with routers beyond port forwarding. I plugged my PC directly into my modem (though unfortunately causing every other device in my house to lose internet) and *BAM* no more problems.

Message 9 of 19 (4,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My issue is now resovled. I plugged into my main work internet 1GB, no isues.  I called comcast while at work and complained about my home connections having issues with games, I came home with my xboxone plugged it back and it worked. 

This looks to be a routing or blocking issue as the root.  I'm just trbouled that my backup work circuits did not work, I'll have my engineers at work figure that out next week.

Message 10 of 19 (3,999 Views)