Re: Ping issues for Titanfall

by Father_McFeely

Original Post

Ping issues for Titanfall

★★ Novice

Hi All,

I live about 45 minutes north of San Francisco and am a huge fan of your TitanFall game (on PC) and play on a Comcast connection that hits 29Mbps down and 4 Mbps up most of the time.  I tell u this because going to http://azureping.info/ shows my ping to the West USA (California)  server to be 50 ms. Yet when I open TitanFall to play it starts to play normal for about 2 seconds and then microlag on the opening animation taking forever to get to the screen that lets me click "Play" and at that point the US WEST server ping is showing 600+ ms lag on those pings that still show me hitting 50MS pings on the azure ping info server that I have open on my 2nd monitor.  How is this possible? I thought it might be my port forwarding so I made sure to set that up- no change in 600+ ms ping.  I thought it might be some thing to do with my TCP/IP windowing causing buffer bloat and  ran the ICSI Netalyzr to check and made adjustments  for that still no change in game ping. I ran ping plotter to see how many hops it was taking to get to the various servers aht make up the Azure West Servers and it varied from 19 to 30 hops but the ping stayed at 600ms in game.  I run dual monitor so on one screen i look at real-time Azure ping info that looks like the pings I used to get when I first started playing TitanFall (30 - 50ms pings) on Azure West servers. Something broke after a patch came out because it got laggy and unplayable now. I have reinstalled the game 3 times and increased my ram to see if it was better (didnt help ). I am saddened as I really enjoyed it  but I have stopped playing it now as its just not playable.  I see on reddit that there is thread dedicated to this called Low ping to Data Center - High Ping in game it seems alot of folks are having this experience.  Please sort this out so that whatever broke ur awesome game gets fixed so I can enjoy it once again. BTW i used to work tech support for 3 years for an awesome local ISP and now work on enterprise side slinging data and voice up to 1Gbps. Do you guys perhaps need some additional local servers as we also have one of the nicest data centers north of teh Golden gate. =P  If i can help you guys I will be happy to.

Warmest regards,

Keoni

Message 1 of 2 (829 Views)

Re: Ping issues for Titanfall

★★ Novice

Hi All,

I logged into Titanfall this evening and something seemed different- it loaded up much faster and I thought is it really fixed? The opening splash screens loded smoothily and without any stutter, I hit the TITANFALL screen and in teh right bottom corner it read Data Center: West US (32MS). I am not sure what you did but nice job on fixing that that ping issue.  Suddenly it's completely playable once again. You have made myself & many other TitanFall fans very happy. Thank you.  

Warmest regards,

Keoni 

Message 2 of 2 (782 Views)