Persistent mid-game crash - "materialsystems dx11" issue?

by MrMiddcore

Original Post

Re: Persistent "Titanfall.exe has stopped working" crash

★ Apprentice

Wasted **bleep**ing 3 evening trying to get this work and we have no words on an ETA for the fix, the **bleep** is going on???

Message 51 of 734 (1,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Dont know if I have the same problem. But my game crashes to desktop after 30-90 sec in the menu. Also crashes in the loading screen when trying to find a game (might be that menu crash also). I just did a Driver Sweep of my video driver. Didn't fix anything.

Windows 8.0

CPU: Intel Q9650

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: AMD HD6950 1 GB

Message 52 of 734 (1,502 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am in the same boat as you my friend. I'm really aggrevated that the community is the only ones who want to fix this game ruining issue. I was looking for a more direct line to contact EA/Respawn with no avail. If this isn't fixed by the weekend I will be asking for a refund, there is no sense in me paying for a game that clearly worked in beta but I can't play on launch. Now I just have a 60 dollar hole in my bank account and am wasting nights trying to play a game that I fell for the hype on.

I'm truly sick of being treated like a second rate customer because I play on PC. My hardware is great, my setup is near perfect, and this really falls on bad QA and poor development practices, as a professional SQA I know how things like this should be treated.

Message 53 of 734 (1,497 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Did a driver clean in safemode, reinstalled latest drivers (335.23), no difference.

Message 54 of 734 (1,473 Views)

★ Apprentice

Funny how I also am a QA dude...

You more than anyone understands how soul shattering it is coming from a busy day at work to troubleshoot/test a game you actually want to play and enjoy. Their PC compatibility tests must have been really shallow and I don't even know if I should hope for a fix in the coming week. It seems like they outsourced their compatibility tests to a **bleep**ty QA lab.

Message 55 of 734 (1,470 Views)

★ Apprentice

It really is disheartening.  It's like I'm going home to pay to do my job. Right now I just really want to hear from a dev. I just want them to say "we're working on it," that's all I need to hear to keep what little hope of playing this game I have. What's the most upsetting to me is that I chose this over Darksouls II, I could have been playing something amazing tonight but instead I sit at my PC trolling tech help boards, scouring for a way to play the game that I, and everyone else in this thread, paid for.

Message 56 of 734 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

From what I can gather, it is not a super wide spread problem, although it is definitely affecting some users. I don't anticipate a fix for this, for a while. Typical EA garbage.

Message 57 of 734 (1,445 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, this is really bumming me out. Just let me know a fix is coming, and I'll be happy. I want to be able to play this game, I truly enjoy it when I can play it, but right now, I can't.

Message 58 of 734 (1,430 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So @titanfallsledge are we going to hear from the devs on this?

Message 59 of 734 (1,425 Views)

★ Novice

i also have this issue very frustrating, i7 860, 8gb ram, nvidia 670, new drivers, windows 7 ultimate up to date, and ive done all prevous suggestions, please fix

or....

When are games eligible for return?
You may return any EA full game digital download (PC/Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund:

• Within 24 hours after you first launch the game
  • Within seven days from your date of purchase, or
  • Within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered

Whichever comes first. This is in addition to your standard return or refund rights.

can i still get that refund if purchesed through gmg?

Message 60 of 734 (1,403 Views)