Re: Persistent "Titanfall.exe has stopped working" crash

by spaceboykevin

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Crashes with 660 ti here as well. Man, talk about disappointment. Titanfall was one of my most anticipated games of the year and I can't even finish a match. C'mon Respawn!

Message 21 of 734 (5,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have 670 card.  Had trouble installing so I tinkered with it a bit.  Got it to install.  Had to rapair install.  Then game crashed after logo screen.  Turned off origin in play.  When you right click on the game in origin, select properties, it is a check box.  Then went to nvidia control panel and set v-sync to adaptive.  I can now play the game, but keep getting 503 error.  I don't know if this will fix for everyone, as like I said, I tinkered with the install a bit.  I will keep twinkering with the 503, and review my work to better describe the procedure.

disappointed in company but not surprised.  EA has terrible Quality assurance.  It should never fall to the customer to fix the product.  In the company's entire history (excuding sports games for what ever reason), they haven't learned their lesson.  A shame because they produce so many good titles when you get them working.

Message 22 of 734 (5,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Heya everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we will be looking into these crash reports that appear to be solely affecting nVidia GTX users in the 5xx-7xx range.

At this stage, the one thing I would advise is trying to disable any overlays. As some had mentioned that your v-sync settings were non-standard, I would also suggest that you set your nvidia control panel settings back to default. 

Additionally, you can check whether installing a different version of your gpu driver alleviates the crashing.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 23 of 734 (5,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie

amd 8350 8 core

2133 viper oc ram 12 gb

xfx radeon 7950 all set at stock

game crashes the same as everyone is reporting, have reinstalled, repaired etc, it still hangs, crashes and I have to reboot my pc. also it will say titanfall.exe has stopped working after I close the game properly.

Message 24 of 734 (5,009 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here but running a 460gtx card with latest drivers

Message 25 of 734 (5,002 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

OK, so that's at least one report of someone with an AMD graphics card having the issue, so it's not limited to just NVIDIA. Although I don't get the crash when I close the game normally.

Did a repair install of the game, did a full uninstall and reinstall (not fun when it downloads all 30GB again), neither helped. Going to try running Origin as Administrator tonight when I am home from work.

Message 26 of 734 (4,992 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey guys I also created a topic about this yesterday. If you are brave the way I fixed this was by completely wiping my graphics driver by booting into safe mode and using a driver cleaner. After they were completely removed I reinstalled the 332.21 driver from January and was able to play again with no issues. Once you have done this DO NOT repair your Titanfall through origin or run the DX installers in the _install folder as this will break it again as it did for me. 

Message 27 of 734 (4,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Sometimes I during a game I end up crashing and get a message saying Titanfall exe has stopped working. I can play a few games before this happens but it's a continuous thing !!!

| Intel i7 4770K || Asus Maximus VI Hero || 16 GB Gskill TridentX @ 2400MHz || || Asus GTX 780 @ AC Accelero Xtreme III||

Driver . 335.23

Message 28 of 734 (4,978 Views)

Community Manager

@flextales wrote:

Hey guys I also created a topic about this yesterday. If you are brave the way I fixed this was by completely wiping my graphics driver by booting into safe mode and using a driver cleaner. After they were completely removed I reinstalled the 332.21 driver from January and was able to play again with no issues. Once you have done this DO NOT repair your Titanfall through origin or run the DX installers in the _install folder as this will break it again as it did for me. 

Thanks for documenting what the solution was for you. If anyone else experiencing this error could give this a try and could report back afterwards, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 29 of 734 (4,970 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
I have found (my home rig runs a 660 TI) that my game doesn't like it at all when I alt tab, and that caused a couple of crashes already.

Nothing as consistent as what you guys are reporting, but I was thinking perhaps it was worth asking if you guys were alt tabbing a lot during gameplay/lading screens?
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 30 of 734 (4,947 Views)