Re: Persistent "Titanfall.exe has stopped working" crash

by Frodiziak1

Original Post

Persistent mid-game crash - "materialsystems dx11" issue?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

*edit (via EANils)* Please check the latest info in the linked post.

The title basically tells the story. The game persistently CTDs (crashes to desktop) for me. Without warning, I will just get a "Titanfall.exe has stopped working" error and have to restart the game.

There is no pattern to when this occurs. It generally happens before I can compete more than a couple of matches - it happened my first three attempts to complete the first mission of the campaign. It was only on my fourth try that I was able to complete the mission. However, it happens in non-campaign gameplay as well.

My system:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Core i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz

GTX 670 2GB

12GB DDR-1333 RAM

I am running the latest NVIDIA drivers, the ones that dropped yesterday (335.23).

I have checked my CPU and GPU temps and they are all well within normal tolerances.

Message 1 of 734 (15,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I suggest you try these simple steps, for some this has solved similar issues.

First do a repair install of the game in Origin, In origin right click your game and from drop down choose Repair Game.

Run Origin as Administrator - Right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and tick the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Message 2 of 734 (15,399 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the exact same issue.

Nvidia gtx 660 ti

I3 3200

8gb 

Win7

Did a clean reinstall of my gpu driver,  repairing the game atm.. will follow up.

Message 3 of 734 (15,390 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Let me know if it works,

Message 4 of 734 (15,390 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Still crashing...

So where should we start looking now? I am not sure if it has to do with my directx or something with my settings conflicting with something else.

Message 5 of 734 (15,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issues. Repairing the game now. Will report back if it fixed my issue.

Message 6 of 734 (15,358 Views)

★ Apprentice

So fair what I have tried..

1- Game repair

2- Clean reinstall of my gpu driver (latest)

3- Lowered all settings

4- turning vsynch off and forcing it with nvidia control pannel

5. Despair............

Message 7 of 734 (15,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same issue here. Random crashing to desktop with no correlation between events, no error messages and it doesn't even crash the same way every time. Sometimes the game just closes without warning or message of any sort. Sometimes it will actually give the windows message that the program crashed. 

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

i7-2700k @ 3.5GHz

ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3

GTX 670 2GB

16GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Game installed on Samsung 830 SSD

335.23 NVIDIA drivers

No temp issues.

Attempted the "Repair" option on game, toggled V-Sync and a few other video settings.

Additionally, here's a pastebin for the various crash errors from Windows Logs; http://pastebin.com/ubMFJWeH

nvwgf2umx.dll was the most common faulting module.

Pastebin for dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/YUP2FXQY

Message 8 of 734 (15,317 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the exact same issue, and running as admin didn't do anything to help it.  :<

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Core i7 3820 @ 3.6 GHz

GTX 660 TI 2GB

16 GB ram

I've tried the repair, I've reinstalled, I've repaired again after, but nothing seems to fix it.  Not only that but the crashes are random with no prompting and occasionally after a crash I'll be unable to start the game any longer as it will just crash upon startup.  No error messages, no warnings, just "Titanfall.exe has stopped working"

Message 9 of 734 (15,316 Views)

★ Apprentice

Dont  let this thread die, this issue needs to come to the attention of Respawn devs.

Message 10 of 734 (15,296 Views)