Re: Origin Overlay Disabled in Titanfall?

by R0wsd0wer

Original Post

Origin Overlay Disabled in Titanfall?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I was playing Titanfall fine last night, but noticed the new OS voices we're being static-y, so today I decided to repair my Titanfall game files. Afterwords, when I try to play TItanfall, the Origin Overlay is consistently disabled no matter what I do. I've restarted Origin and Titanfall, messed with Origin's in-game properties (even setting it to be active in non-recommended games) as well as making sure it's enabeled in Titanfall's properties. I've even restarted my computer to no avail. Also, I have no recording programs (FRAPs, Shadowplay) running, so that's also out of the question. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 13 (1,883 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

That is weird, have you already tried to remove Origin and install the latest version from our website and run the Origin.exe as administrator?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 13 (1,844 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried removing Origin and making sure to install the latest version from the website, which did not work. Currently I am reinstalling Titanfall and will make sure to launch Origin as an administrator when it finishes.

Message 3 of 13 (1,841 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Please keep us updated about your progress.

Message 4 of 13 (1,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem here today. I've tried everything short of a full reinstall of Titanfall.
Message 5 of 13 (1,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry for the delay, I was away for the weekend and therefore am only beginning the grueling process that is reinstalling this behemoth of a (awesome) game. I'll update this post when I've finished the reinstall and report any changes.

[Update]: So after redownloading and reinstalling Titanfall and it's 3 DLCs, the Origin Overlay is still disabled. Now, I can play the game without it, but it would make playing with friends much easier if it would work. I've seen in similar posts that it may have to due with Origin's most recent update? Otherwise, I'm officially out of ideas.

Also, I would like to point out that this didn't happen to me until after I repaired Titanfall via Origin. Prior to that, Origin had been updated and the overlay was in fact working. Just in case that helps.

Message 6 of 13 (1,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for writing again and sparing me the pain of reinstalling TF.

Like you, the problem occurred after I performed a "Repair" on the game. I was trying to solve a crash on startup which is now resolved, but now I'm stuck with this.

As you've said, it doesn't render the game unusable, but very inconvenient to have to alt tab out to play with a friend.

Message 7 of 13 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Novice

So the problem apparently fixed itself or something, but now I'm having issues in regards to connection. I can join and start playing matches just fine, but the gameplay is very laggy and stutters a lot, but this will be discussed in a new thread.

Message 8 of 13 (1,767 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have remove my software from Razer Blackwidow and I have my Overlay backConfusedmileyvery-happy May by a sulotion 

Message 9 of 13 (1,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

razer synapse is the issue for me, i shut it off, start the game and rerun synapse and everything works but i have to do it every time i want to get into the game

Message 10 of 13 (1,283 Views)