Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&amp

by El-Barton67

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

having the same issue now. i first had the "origin online login is currently unavailable" issue, tried everything including contacting support. only other option was to try to reinstall origin. now i keep getting "origin must be online to login for the first time".  how is this still an issue? original post made in 2014! 20 * 14!  pull your head out of your * and fix this EA. this kind of * is the reason people hate EA, you dont fix anything. the only reason people use origin is because you took your games off steam.

Message 71 of 94 (3,069 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have same problem from yesterday wtf is going on here what ever i try origin just doesnt want to log in but clearly im online just origin thinks im offline 

Message 72 of 94 (3,060 Views)

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&quo

★ Novice

I started having the same issues after the newest update. Thanks to someone on redit, I figured out the newest update is what is making the "You must be online" banner. I tried all the different techniques to fix the issues. Only one thing worked for me which was to uninstalled Origin and reinstall the last version of Origin. I got the old download from File Hippp. Here is the link: https://filehippo.com/download_origin/

Hope this helps someone. I worked on this for over 3 hours before I found this out. 

Message 73 of 94 (3,026 Views)

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&

★★★ Newbie
@ReinaCieloAzul it worked.ur a life saver
Message 74 of 94 (3,005 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! I have been trying to solve this all day. This was the only thing that worked! You rock!

Message 75 of 94 (2,995 Views)

★ Novice

I literally tried everything on the previous fixes - firewall, full removal/re-add, router check, pings, tracer, run-as-admin, etc. - nothing worked. Finally just got origin to the login screen, with an error saying "you must be online when logging in for the first time." Concluded it must be the latest update - checked on Twitter, and there's loads of people with the same problem - hence this thread has come alive again after a few years.

Only thing that's worked was installing the old version from the FileHippo link, but it still tries to auto-update. I hope EA sort this mess out - hate having to re-install the software every time I reboot.

Message 76 of 94 (2,956 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

This is really getting horrible.  I keep having to uninstall and reinstall the old Origin client.  ANY ETA ON WHEN THIS WILL BE FIXED?!!!

Message 77 of 94 (2,951 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still Broken...FIX IT!!!

Message 78 of 94 (2,916 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

For those still searching here is the TEMPORARY fix/workaround.  Uninstall the Origin client.  Then install an older version.  Here is a link to a working version of the client: 

https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe

The only problem is, this works one time.  Once you exit the client and relaunch it, it will check if there is a newer version of the client and force you to update it to the broken version.  So you will have to uninstall and reinstall ... again.

Message 79 of 94 (2,904 Views)

★ Novice

Hy Everyone!

Solution of @El-Barton67  workd me. Just uninstall and reinstall with "working version".

Thank you man!!! I tried everything what on the internet...

Message 80 of 94 (3,372 Views)