by TheAxes

Original Post

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&amp

★★★ Newbie

Sims 😍

Message 31 of 94 (12,148 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
exactly the same, it's also happening to me and all I want to do is download sims!
Message 32 of 94 (12,116 Views)

★★ Novice

Origin client login seems to show this page. https://signin.ea.com/p/pc/offline

It shows "Online login is currently unavailable." EA login is currently not maintained well for now?

Message 33 of 94 (12,019 Views)

★ Novice

am logging in over and over again but it keeps telling me i must be online! what does it mean by online? my wifi is on and i am logged on the website. i paid 65 euros for the sims 4 and will not be happy if this carries on Frown

Message 34 of 94 (11,992 Views)

★ Novice

Hello!

I have tried everything and it still says "You must be online when logging in for the first time." Is it supposed to work for an iMac too?

Message 35 of 94 (11,971 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Just like previous updates.

It all is setup to update the origin installation. The only problem with that is that the "older" installation cannot be updated.

So the update proces is halted half way and promts you with a unknown reason to try it all again.

"Unkown" or "not being online (ps strange that you can do anything else online)" or "you need to login" or "X-server down".

Ok ok .. what else the reason is.

The real issue is with the update. The program cannot handle the update of itself.

It all would be fixed if origin would provide a full-version update.

That would mean a file that is larger and downloads would take longer. But it least it would work at once.

I'd think allot of players wouldnt mind langer downloads of larger files but atleast it all works like a sharm.

So yes your download will take longer.

Yes you would have to do something else while its downloading .. (eg. Take your dog outside - No outside that place where the sun shines. No thats a lamp .. Outside as in go throu your frontdoor).

Anyhow the issue is with the auto-update. Or better said with automaticly updateing a program that requires you to login while useing the update.

So update requires the updates and thus it gets stuck.

How to fix:

Simple provide full version downloads.

Message 36 of 94 (11,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Disappointed That will take a while.

Message 37 of 94 (11,721 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Madico0913

You might have noticed, you are posting in a rather old thread. If you are still have some problems with Titanfall, you might want to create a fresh thread with a little bit more details about your issue, so we might help you.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 38 of 94 (11,715 Views)

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&quo

★★ Novice

What worked for me was deleting some files from my computer that had been downloaded the same day Origin wouldn't let me log in. just type in uninstall program into your computer's search and uninstall what you don't want. BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T UNINSTALL A NECESSARY FILE! 

Message 39 of 94 (140,323 Views)

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&quo

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @khforgotten 

Thanks for letting us know of this workaround. I marked your post as an Accepted Solution, hope other players will find it useful.

Cheers,
Archi

Archi.png
Message 40 of 94 (11,605 Views)