Accepted Solution

Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time"

★★★ Newbie

I am having problems logging into my origin account 

Message 1 of 94 (197,798 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&quo

★★ Novice

What worked for me was deleting some files from my computer that had been downloaded the same day Origin wouldn't let me log in. just type in uninstall program into your computer's search and uninstall what you don't want. BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T UNINSTALL A NECESSARY FILE! 

View in thread

Message 39 of 94 (140,319 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well)
Close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder
 C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

Try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus software and/or check the online ports of your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit
http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Please let us now, if this problem after this workaround still exist.

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 94 (197,310 Views)

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&amp

★★★ Newbie

Hey there!

Right now I'm really starting to get angry. I tried ALL of the offered solutions, but nothing worked for me. I reinstalled Origin for about 10 times. It's installing, updating (always an Update of 74mb) and then it tells me that I need to be online when logging in for the first time, as soon as I click the Login-button.

I renewed the hosts file, I opened ALL needed ports, Kaspersky and Windows Firewall aren't blocking anything (I also shut them down to log in, didn't work), I tried to update my router (got an LTE-Easybox), nothing worked. I also checked my system files (sfc /scannow), I also tried the most simple stuff like restart my router & the pc, disconnect and reconnect my LAN-cable. I can't imagine any other solution.

Actually my PC can't be the problem, 3 months ago it worked fine. I had to reinstall Windows 8, but why should this make Origin fail so hard? There's nothing different except the fact that I can't use Origin. And my Internet is running fine, Steam is working, I can surf the Internet without any problems.

What should I do? I'm so desperate, I just want to play Sims 4 (which I bought for a lot of money!!!) and many other games like BF4 that need Origin.

Slowly I start to understand why people are hating against EA and Origin Frown

Message 3 of 94 (197,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem!! Did you manage to find a solution? Frown

Message 4 of 94 (196,636 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am with othe people, I try your solutions and can not log in and install a $40 piece of software. I am getting pieed off, Offer a working solution now!

Message 5 of 94 (196,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

guys i talk to 3 to help me with this and they don't fix the problem ,i thnk new win will fix .

Message 6 of 94 (196,478 Views)

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time"

★★★ Newbie

I lost my whole day for a piece of **bleep**.  And I 've paid for that piece of **bleep** 50 euros.  Nothing left to say.

Message 7 of 94 (194,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same problem, solved it by going into the folder where orgin was installed, right click the orgin icon and then clicked run as administrator. Hope this helps other.

Message 8 of 94 (193,533 Views)

=(

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thx for update! =(
i have same problem.

Message 9 of 94 (193,450 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It really sucks that I cant play the game I just bought. Why is there even a need to login anyway??? If this login * would be eliminated, the problem itself would be eliminated. Im really upset that NONE , I repeat..... NONE of these so called solutions are working.

Message 10 of 94 (192,028 Views)