by miasomia

Original Post

No connectivity to Titanfall PC servers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi, this is in relation to Case ID: 73741724

As per this thread on Steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1454890/discussions/0/3119273879031313156/

No one can connect to Titanfall. Rumour has it that it's due to a bad actor who has been plaguing the servers for some time.

When you try to connect, you either get No Servers Found, or if it does pick up a matchmaking server, you are instantly disconnected with an unreadable error code which contains many "+" characters.

I understand it's not exactly your most popular game, but it is a fun outlet for some of us who are under lock-down conditions right now. Please do your best to find a speedy resolution.

Message 2 of 125 (10,507 Views)

Customer deception!

★ Guide

EA has decided that those who may still be scammed. What is it about? It is well known that Titanfall1 servers are under constant attack. Since the end of 2018, a hacker has been able to exploit the vulnerabilities of Origin and TF1’s servers to disconnect all players from the server. For now, you can do these if you have a free space in that Lobby that you can join. But it alone systematically kills players ’commitment to TF1. EA recently launched the product again using Steam. However, no one is informed that there is no substantive support behind the game. The game can still be played sometimes, but there was a time when it wasn’t possible at all. We don’t know when that time will come again, but we expect it. If steam wants to take care of its own prestige, it will immediately take this toy off its shelves. We send a letter to steam drawing attention to the fact that the game cannot be played and there is no support from anyone. Some have bought this great game again, trusting that this way they won’t be in a position where a hacker will kick everyone out of the game with a bug generated on the server. This is still present. Protect yourself from a lot of annoyance by taking the Titanfall1 off its shelves.

Message 1 of 125 (9,007 Views)

Re: No servers found titanfall

★★★ Newbie

No server found for days... is there a way for me to fix this ?! i used to LOVE this game...

Message 3 of 125 (10,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

On Sunday, January 17 2021, I've been matched with one hacker who consistently insulted players in match without even playing himself and literally let everyone know that he wasn't there to play but to kill the game (few minutes later, he killed the servers). After months of fight against hacker and EA doing almost nothing (I want to say nothing but it's inaccurate), well we are stuck here. I have the Origin name of this hacker that shot down the servers (as well as a video to support my claim). I hope (kind off) that's the same one which would reduce the range of trouble maker to identify, but I can't tell. I haven't played since that day and so haven't seen if the servers where ever back in. These are dark days for the fans unfortunately.

And before being told for the x amount of times that I should report it via the "Report players for cheating, abuse, and harassment" form, yes I've already did it.

Message 4 of 125 (10,638 Views)

★ Guide

I, too, have filed multiple reports regarding this hacker and his/her harassment of players, cheating, and crashing the servers with apparent impunity.  There seem to be two working in concert.  I have filed here and with the EA Help/Tech Support site. Have received 6 emails from them all basically the same canned response thanking me for my report and promising to look into it.  I think the reason for the current situation is that no one would play with or engage this (these ?) hackers anymore so they just shut down the game to spite us.  Doesn't seem to help ... Discouraging, as I really enjoy the game.

Message 5 of 125 (10,607 Views)

Re: No connectivity to Titanfall PC servers

★★★ Novice

Yip same issue. EA Help told me to delete cache folders and some other BS. Nothing worked. They need to do something about it. Why not just tell us that they are killing the game. 

Message 6 of 125 (10,399 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Pyrosopher Did yours show that someone was trying to join on the bottom right?
Message 7 of 125 (10,394 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just tried and it looks like it.

It was actually able to connect to a server for a second (which I've not been able to do for the last 24 hours), so I took a video. Attached is the image just before it disconnects.

Is that showing someone as connecting?

Message 8 of 125 (10,384 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

All cache deleted no joy. Repeated disconnect. Not sure if hacker responsible.

Message 9 of 125 (10,265 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It is a great game. Seems better to me than T1, but I started on T1. Stayed away for about a year because of the hating assmunch, but was glad to see servers working when I returned. That lasted for about three weeks. Dang it.

Message 10 of 125 (10,226 Views)