Re: My account was banned for chargeback

by EA_Kent

Original Post

My account was banned for chargeback

★★ Novice

My account was recently banned for a policy called chargeback a week ago. Chargeback is when you get refunded your games which I guess its a big no no. I told account dispute there was a mix up. They told me they arent going to unban my account because of their policy. Well the reason why I got a charge back because back in Jan. My account got hacked and the hacker bought 400 dollars worth of games I didnt want to buy. I told my bank my credit card was was stolen, which it wal. They cancelled my card and refunded the damages. Three months later EA banned my account for it. So I get punished for getting hacked three months ago because some ass hat bought games I didnt authorize?! So now I wasted my money to buy games I wanted to play because EA wont unban for a charge against their policy that shouldnt have been there in the first place. I really want my account back. I didnt do anything wrong and all I want to do is play titanfall. Please someone help me.

Message 1 of 6 (2,967 Views)

Anonymous
Hello,

We cannot help you with your case on Answer HQ. You will have to address accountdisputes. Maybe you could also contact support to see if transferring your games/merging accounts could work. I can not give guarantees though.

To contact support, please visit the following site:

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us

# Please login to the site by using the login fucntion in the menu bar, top-right.
# If need, you can change your language by clicking on the displayed language in the menu bar, top-left
# Now search the game you need help with.
# Click on the provided game image to select it and click next.
# On the next page, select your platform and click next
# As final choice, select a topic and enter your problem and click next

The site will now give you the available contact options. These depend on the country/language you chose.

With regards,
inSmithereens

# If an answer was of help to you, please mark it as the solution as it could help others.
# You can reward a helping post by using the XP button.
# Please be aware, I am not an EA employee.
Message 2 of 6 (2,906 Views)

★★ Novice

I did contact them twice but the communcation doesnt seem to be work and I told them about the hacked account and they still wont unban. How is this fair Frown

Message 3 of 6 (2,881 Views)

★ Novice

i have same issue, the tech(multiple) see the hack, sees the charge backs, ea refuses to address, and i have proof of account, told to not contact them again.. I even have a hard copy of the game and I can't play it because of that so not fair

Message 4 of 6 (1,984 Views)

★ Novice

ps, i hate you csnt even get in contact with them, period

Message 5 of 6 (1,985 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi there. 

This is a really old thread, so I went ahead and locked it. In the future please post a new thread if you need some help, and we can take a look. 

In regards to account bans, I'm afraid that isn't something we're able to assist with here on Answers HQ. The Terms of Service team would need to review your account and decide if the ban could be overturned. 

For more information on how to set up a case with the TOS team visit the EA Help website. The team will get back to you via email as soon as they can. They review each inquiry on a case-by-case basis, so it may take some time, but I'm afraid I don't have a way of seeing exactly how long that may be. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,927 Views)