Re: I will not be able to play Titanfall during my free 48 hours because the game won't work

by Plissken501

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I will not be able to play Titanfall during my free 48 hours because the game won't work

★★★★★ Newbie

I downloaded and installed the free trial of Titanfall Saturday afternoon/night. When it finished, I launched it to make sure it worked (checked graphics settings, went to a few different screens), and went to bed for the night intending to play it Sunday. Once I tried to join a multiplayer game, I got stuck on the loading screen trying to start the game. Titanfall froze on me and crashed. I looked online and saw something on EA recommending to uninstall and reinstall. Of course for me that means I had to re-download all 50g. After doing all that, I got the blue screen of death during install. When I restated my computer, the install was going well until I got an error "a redistributable package (audio installer.exe) was not installed successfully". Again, I looked up on EA and went to the repair game section of Origin. The repair was going fairly well until it has been stuck on 100% for a while. After restarting my Origin, it is now telling me that I have to re-download Titanfall again. After installing Titanfall for the final time, I am back to my original issue of the game freezing and crashing while loading.

I have to go to bed in a few hours so that I can get up tomorrow for work. My 48 hour window of free Titanfall will expire at around 7pm (Central) Monday, but I will not get home from work until about 6. That would allow me only 1 hour of game time out of my 48 hour window (that would be if I could even get the game to work).

I tried to find some way to call/chat with customer support to try and get my window extended so that I can actually play the game when/if I can get it working. I rather deal with something like this with a person rather than on the forums, but when I go to the contact us from EA or Origin and answer all of the prompts, the only option I am given is to go here to the answer HQ... I began my google search to find out if there was any other way for me to reach EA support, and came up empty. I found a phone number, which tells me to go to EA’s online support and then hangs up, and I have already been to the EA online help area which has done me no good. Apparently there should be more options besides just the answer HQ, but they are not available to me...

I was excited when I heard about this 48 hour free trial because it gave me a chance to find out if I would like Titanfall without making a $60 down payment. All I wanted to do was play Titanfall today with friends, and probably buy the game if I liked it, but it feels like I have been stonewalled at every turn. The game would not work for several different reasons, and I am not able to talk to a physical person to try and help me with these issues.

I know this is all a big rant, but you cannot imagine how pissed off and frustrated I am right now. My 48 hour window will be up tomorrow, and I will not have played a single campaign mission or multiplayer game in Titanfall because I cannot get the game to work. I would really like some customer service from EA.

Message 1 of 9 (1,884 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I will not be able to play Titanfall during my free 48 hours because the game won't work

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

If anyone have some hours - heres fix that I posted some threads before, I don't know why this common problem don't have sticked thread...

PS Do not follow my steps blindly, completly read this post before doing something! That's fix for "Titanfall.exe has stopped worked" right after level loading screen (trainig/campaign/multiplayer). Also, game itself are superb, recommend to buy.

@tvoiROTnaoborot wrote:

Very common problem. Titanfall supports only DX11, but your graphic card not. You should install titanfall shaders from beta (that works fine with older dx versions). Here is the link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/h980si492og6hg9/platform.rar Forgot to mention - just copy folder inside archive into Titanfall folder, and click "replace all".

You said you've done that before, but with some other actions. You should only install beta shaders on clean game and nothing more. Also when Origin updates Titanfall, it deletes beta files that you installed before, so you need to reinstall beta shaders after each patch, each update and each "repair game" action.

This helped me to make Titanfall run on 3 PC that at first show of with "has stopped working" error.

Mods, please stick this particular problem and this solution to top of the forums. It's VERY common problem that can easly fixed with replacing shaders.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (1,983 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue as well.  I havent redownloaded it though because ive been working most of the weekend.  I too wanted to relax and play titanfall and see if it was indeed worth the $60.  My computer specs arent perfect, but i know i was able to run the game fine during beta with close to no issues.  I've been fiddling with the graphics settings setting them all to low and still cant even load into a game.  Im hoping the problem can be fixed before my 48 hours runs out but im not counting on it.

Message 2 of 9 (1,858 Views)

★ Novice

same here i downloaded everything went great.  Now i get crash when trying to start training...it happens everytime, i have already updated drivers reinstalled etc.  Was totally wanting to dish 60 bucks out for this if it was any good...oh well EA never changes.

Message 3 of 9 (1,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

+1

50GB of trash...............................

Message 4 of 9 (1,844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am crashing as it trys to draw the environment. Any transistion from UI loading screens before fully getting me into the the environment crashed the game.

This is crashing to a direct X11 DLL. 

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TitanFall.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5351c9ea
Fault Module Name: materialsystem_dx11.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5394bbf3
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000001ac5d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 47f1
Additional Information 2: 47f14b9e58eace5545ea2a8b9c266ed6
Additional Information 3: d2e4
Additional Information 4: d2e46cd3c3f529e9cd7e96d89c98d3c7

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have the latest Nvidia drivers 377.88 and am running a GeForce 8800 GTX with 4 gigs of RAM on Windows 7 64-bit.

- I have the lastest Dx11 as well, this did not work.

- I've opened the necessary ports to my firewall, even ran without out for 30 minutes to see if that helped. 

- Run as administrator

I have not been able to get around the crash. As far as I can tell I meet the minimum specs. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

If anyone have some hours - heres fix that I posted some threads before, I don't know why this common problem don't have sticked thread...

PS Do not follow my steps blindly, completly read this post before doing something! That's fix for "Titanfall.exe has stopped worked" right after level loading screen (trainig/campaign/multiplayer). Also, game itself are superb, recommend to buy.

@tvoiROTnaoborot wrote:

Very common problem. Titanfall supports only DX11, but your graphic card not. You should install titanfall shaders from beta (that works fine with older dx versions). Here is the link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/h980si492og6hg9/platform.rar Forgot to mention - just copy folder inside archive into Titanfall folder, and click "replace all".

You said you've done that before, but with some other actions. You should only install beta shaders on clean game and nothing more. Also when Origin updates Titanfall, it deletes beta files that you installed before, so you need to reinstall beta shaders after each patch, each update and each "repair game" action.

This helped me to make Titanfall run on 3 PC that at first show of with "has stopped working" error.

Mods, please stick this particular problem and this solution to top of the forums. It's VERY common problem that can easly fixed with replacing shaders.

Message 6 of 9 (1,984 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you, tv0iROTnaoborot, this worked! 

EA can I get a reset on my 48 hours too?

Message 7 of 9 (1,823 Views)

★ Novice

They probably won't be so "generous". I've contacted their support this morning after fixing the game last night (same problem that you had) and their representative told me that it's impossible to restart or extend my game time :/

Message 8 of 9 (1,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

50gb of Rubbish is correct :robotmad:

Message 9 of 9 (1,768 Views)