Re: How to play with the DLC?

by Fdaen

Original Post

How to play with the DLC?

★★★★★ Novice

Hey all. Xbox360 player here.

I have purchased the DLC on the day it was released. However, I CANNOT ever play with it. If I install the DLC, my game fails to find matches for me to play. If I uninstall it, it runs fine. I thought the new update would change things, but it didnt.

I have uninstalled the DLC multiple times, cleared cache, uninstalled/reinstalled all game files, and its consistent - with the DLC installed, something keeps my Xbox to find games to join.

I wonder, is it because in my country, there simply arent enough people with th DLC? Or is it some connectivity problem?

I notice, weirdly enough, that if I play on other servers (mostly North and East US datacenters) I can play the Expedition content - however with a lot of lag, as I'm from Brazil. That's why I presume the DLC somehow messes up the connection parameters of my console.

If there isnt a solution for it, I would like to get a refund, since the product I paid for is simply unusable. I'd like to know how to proced from here.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11 (859 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Try to remove your Gamertag http://bit.ly/Xbox360Profile (Profile only) and try again.

Let us know if this helps. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 11 (815 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nope.

Downloaded and installed the DLC. Deleted the gamertag, reinstalled it, and it still does not work.

I delete th DLC and bang, I can play freely.

I remain frustrated and still waiting to receive the product I paid for, or a refund at the very least.

Message 3 of 11 (791 Views)

★ Guide

Hello there,

Is there a way thank you can try this and see if this works thanks. Standard smile

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/downloadable-content/cant-play-downloaded-content

If you can follow what it say's on there. You mabye able to get the DLC working. See how that works thanks. Come back and let us know if this still doesn't work. Standard smile 

Message 4 of 11 (777 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

And, nope.

Nah, mine is the only profile associated to my console.

Deleting and reinstalling the DLC or the gamertag, or clearing cache, did not solve my problem.

I remain very frustrated.

In my uderstanding, it seems that something in the DLC file messes up my connectivity, or maybe ports, or some other parameter, making it impossible to find games to join. I would appreciate to understand what is going on and, especially, what kind of solutions are there for me - refunds would be sad, but would still be better than this.

I wait for some answer.

Message 5 of 11 (766 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Another thing I did was moving the Titanfall "folder" from my 320Gb HD to the "memory unit" (the 4gb internal drive).

It also made no difference.

Message 6 of 11 (765 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Please, it's been over a month that I have this problem.

I would like the suggestion of other workaround OR if all fails, instructions for refund.

Message 7 of 11 (754 Views)

@Fdaen : can you find games for matches with non-Expedition content when you have the DLC installed, or does it not work altogether unless the DLC is uninstalled?

It is possible that in your region the number of people playing at any given time would be too low to trigger games.
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
Message 8 of 11 (744 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Francois : No, I CAN find game fine when the DLC is uninstalled. When its installed, no matches will be found, neither Expedition nor default content.

I did it a couple times now - install the DLC, look for games, nothing; uninstall it the next second and games show up with no problem.

Since having the DLC does NOT keep me from playing the vanilla content, it should at least find the vanilla games I find with it uninstalled.

Any ideas or workarounds would be MUCH appreciated.

Message 9 of 11 (739 Views)

@Fdaen Try reinstalling the whole game from scratch, along with the expansion.

Before that, you may want to open up the ports for Titanfall:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/online-ports-to-open-for-titanfall/

Also ensure your connection is wired instead of Wi-Fi in case this is the issue.

Message 10 of 11 (728 Views)