How can EA legally continue to sell Titanfall 1 , a game that no one can play ?

by TR1PL3_D1PP3R

Original Post

Re: No connectivity to Titanfall PC servers

★★ Novice

Yep TF2 was a let-down. Still have the same issue being disconnected. I can't ever remember a large studio being held hostage for so long by a hacker.

Message 51 of 125 (1,950 Views)

Re: No connectivity to Titanfall PC servers

★★ Novice

hey bro

I'm a player of ttf1 come from Asia and I have something interesting that want to show you

my friends and I have tried to connect to the server many times

after so many faliures ,both I and my friends wanted to give up

however,an interesting thing from the test called my attention

in that time I came into the server and kept connection for a long time so I have enough time to get into the training

it was so surprise that I enjoy the training(yes,this training is complete) amusedly

but after this I realized that this hacker could broke down our game in a very special way

I guess he uses the following steps to let the game crash

he uses scripts to add non-existent players to our team,of course the server detects that this is an abnormal behavior and automatically forces us to disconnect from it,that's why all of us can just see some "+" after the game crash,because the server can't find preset auto reply to show you

In order to verify this conjecture, we tried to enter the training again, and then did not come out in it

as I expected, the game didn't crash until I quit training and entered the attrition

I don't know if my conjecture is right, but it hasn't been falsified until now

in addition, I learned from other players that he might live in Texas

that's all the valuable information I can tell you,hope this information can help you

Message 52 of 125 (1,921 Views)

Cant connect to titanfall

★★★ Newbie

My titanfall keeps on not allowing me to connect to any server it always gives me

Disconnect:+

+++ ++ +++ ++++++

++++

+++ +++ +++ ++++ +++ ++++ ++ +++

+++ ++

+++ +++ +++++ ++

++_+dT9-9=9   k

Message 53 of 125 (1,404 Views)

Re: Cant connect to titanfall

★★★★★ Newbie

Same thing here.  Been doing this all day.

Message 54 of 125 (1,360 Views)

Titanfall 1 servers still down - 7 feb 21

★★★★ Novice

Can we please get a official response to folks all asking the same questions?

A bit of rare honesty would be much simpler for the community. If EA/Origin/Respawn are looking to kill the game because they make no more income from it then just say so!

Yes some players are not sighing up to play APEX - I'm one of them BECAUSE it will just mean the same hackers exploiting another first person shooter that we come to grow and love going down the toilet....and how long will it last!!?? If EA/Origin just turn off the servers and offer no explanation why would I invest time and effort and my hard earned $$ for that?

The rest if us can be content with OUR decision to vote with our feet and walk away from game released by EA/Respawn in the future owing to being ignored countless times from a lame cheat/harassment/reporting system that does little to nothing about addressing the problem.

Many people have offered to help free/gratis/pro bono to help solve the hacking exploitation of the Titanfall servers - often with racist BS in the midst as if to goad the win over the players even more.....yes see EA wont do anything about it....and despite many concerned decent peoples reporting EA/Origin and Respawn DO NOTHING about it. Yes, Respawn also has a responsibility here. It is their reputation that is being hurt too....ergo I'm not playing APEX Legends anytime soon!

It is not impossible to code a SAML token in the netflow to combat memory hacks through a simple randomised MD5 check. It could even be linked to external blockchain and wouldnt slow the game down in any way.

I work in cyber security SOC team. I cannot understand why EA/Origin cant protect their servers nor why with all the BLM escalations why the racist abuse coming from these hackers are NOT being addressed!

Please sort this mess out.

Sincerely

Fortunbas, CISSP

Message 55 of 125 (1,415 Views)

Unable to enjoy Titanfall

★ Novice

I just got this game in a bundle on steam and it is unplayable. I cannot connect to the servers and have been looking on forums both official and unofficial, with no luck finding a solution. It feels a tad dated to still force us to be online to play a game's storyline. Does the team at Respawn Entertainment have any plan to fix this issue?

Message 56 of 125 (1,357 Views)

Re: Unable to enjoy Titanfall

★★ Apprentice

I'm truly sorry to ear it, but unfortunately a hacker is preventing anyone to connect to the game by disabling the server on PC. As far as I can tell, only Xbox servers are still up.

It's an issue that has been plaguing for over a month and that has been encountered for a very long time before. You will just need to make a quick search in this forum to see that too many people are affected by this issue and EA doesn't appears to do anything. Here is the latest discussion for the current instance of this server issue.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/No-connectivity-to-Titanfall-PC-servers/m-p/9988943#M44232

My advice, try to seek a refund from Steam and/or EA for the time being. Hopefully, the issue will be fix in the futur, but the silence from the EA and their lust for their new product (?) is not in our favor.

Sorry for the bad news

Pilot7924

Message 57 of 125 (1,328 Views)

Re: Cant connect to titanfall

★★ Apprentice

I'm truly sorry to ear it, but unfortunately a hacker is preventing anyone to connect to the game by disabling the server on PC. As far as I can tell, only Xbox servers are still up. In some instance of this issue, you will have an error message like you did, sometimes you will have a notice that there is no server to be found, and few also reported to be able to connect, but only be able to do the the Training. If that last case happen to you, you will get the disconnection with error message whenever attempting to enter a match, even a private one.

It's an issue that has been plaguing for over a month and that has been encountered for a very long time before. You will just need to make a quick search in this forum to see that too many people are affected by this issue and EA doesn't appears to do anything. Here is the latest discussion for the current instance of this server issue.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/No-connectivity-to-Titanfall-PC-servers/m-p/9988943#M44232

My advice if you bought that game recently, try to seek a refund from Steam and/or EA for the time being. Hopefully, the issue will be fix in the futur, but the silence from the EA and their lust for their new product (?) is not in our favor.

Sorry for the bad news

Pilot7924

Message 58 of 125 (1,328 Views)

How can EA legally continue to sell Titanfall 1 , a game that no one can play ?

★★★★ Novice

I just bough a copy of Titanfall on Steam and was unable to play it at all due to hacks on servers and still not one person from EA/ Origin has responded to any of my reports regarding servers or any of my issue since purchase.  After less than a week I was given a refund by Steam but, you can still purchase Titanfall anywhere which is a huge ripoff to say the least. Seems like EA wants everyone to migrate to the new pay to play games so they allow these hacks to continue so it won't be long before they do the same thing to the other popular games as well. Very shady practice to say the least*      Rubbish

Message 59 of 125 (1,452 Views)

Re: Titanfall 1 servers still down - 7 feb 21

★★★★★ Apprentice

Man, if you think EA cared about BLM and all that fun jazz, you should really get a look at what this person says in game...

But, I completely agree, I am in IT, and it is quite hilarious how EA is just letting this happen.

If only we could build our own servers out and process this type of fix on our own. But then they wouldn't be able to take the money from people buying it on steam...

Like I keep saying, report this game unplayable on steam so it gets taken off the store. Make sure to leave bad reviews and explain why you gave it a bad score.

Message 60 of 125 (1,354 Views)