Help Getting Into Titanfall Servers

by RLOwens86

Original Post

Help Getting Into Titanfall Servers

★★ Novice

Is Titanfall playable on satellite connection?

I purchased and installed the deluxe edition, but cannot get the game past the "Connecting .. Retrieving matchmaking list"  also the server list is constantly searching and going from ping time of positive value to -1 (Though I assume I am connecting to server, as I recieve the MOTD). 

I have tried every fix I could find on getting past the matchmaking list, from checking my files, turning off firewalls, connecting directly to modem instead of router, port forwarding, cleaning my host & DNS, changing dns servers, disabling antivirus & malware,  etc. To no avail, nothing seems to be working.

Any help on being able to actually play this game would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (308 Views)

Re: Help Getting Into Titanfall Servers

★★★★★ Expert

RLOwens86 

Do the steps to refreshes the IP address...
 -click Start, type: cmd
-right click cmd then click Run as administrator
At the command prompt, type the following:
ipconfig/release
-then
ipconfig/renew
-then
ipconfig/flushdns
-exit the command prompt
Click Start, type: %temp%
Hit Enter and delete contents of the temp folder.

Now it's time to restart your PC.

I suggested lowering the texture resolution,for example from High to Medium and you got into a game with a normal-length load time 15-20 seconds or so but in your case..really  do not know if it will go.

NOTE Satellite is fine for web surfing and video streaming and such since those aren't noticeably affected by latency but it's basically useless for online games
I think your best bet is to contact a sat broadband provider, and tell them that you want to game with the connection.  If they tell you is won't be a problem, make sure you ask them to guarantee your money back if the performance isn't what they promise.

Greetings

@yahel_1

Spoiler

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to Mess'up the whole system. ""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.- Ask, and it shall be given you.

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 5 (288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you, but that didn't help either.  Server list is still cycling and still unable to get past retrieving matchmaking list.  

Are the servers/datacenter set to a certain ping level to be able to connect or recycle?  My ping rate is 600-750 average. And this is what the list is showing before it jumps to -1.

Example of what I'm meaning.  List servers will show (600-750ms) ping, then a second later, they will all show -1, then back to (600-750).  And won't stay locked on one server in the datacenter panel when it is closed just keeps searching and cycling through servers.   I'm beginning to believe I'm not actually even connecting to any of the servers (even though I am getting the MOTD screen).

I have no problems with World of warcraft, or Guild Wars 2.  (or some of the other F2P games I have tested).   This is the only one which will not work.

I have game version v1.0.10.1 installed through origin client.

Message 3 of 5 (275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@RLOwens86 i think this is the only sure way to resolve your issue- need to create an incident using the  Talk to a Game Advisor link on the left, and a Game Advisor will assist you.

-then click on Help with a Game, and choose your game. If your game isn't listed,entering the name on the search bar to the right,if it's an account issue select Origin
 -on the next page you will see a bunch of articles.
 -scroll to the bottom of the page, and you will get an option to Contact Us.
 -click this and you choose your platform, the topic of your issue and to give a brief description of the issue.
 -you will then have your options available, a Live Chat with an advisor or a callback.

Greetings

@yahel_1

Spoiler

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to Mess'up the whole system. ""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.- Ask, and it shall be given you.

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 5 (265 Views)

★★ Novice

Will give that a try in a few days.  Thank you for the help & advice.

Message 5 of 5 (233 Views)