Re: Failed to get token from Origin

by 5pacerabies

Original Post

★★ Novice

This is ridiculous, I too have tried every solution (port forwarding, repairing the game files, running as admin, ect.)  and have been met with limited success (works for an hour or two then I get booted out mid game). For those wondering my ISP is Cable One but I seriously doubt this is a problem with peoples ISP mainly because Titanfall is literally the only game I own where I lose connection because of the "failed to get token for Origin " issue, in fact it is the only game in recent memory I have had any connectivity issues with so I’m willing to bet this is an origin issue. If we could get a patch or something that isn’t a "workaround" (workarounds imply it works!) I’m so sick and tired of not being able to play a full match without getting disconnected and I’m legitimately too afraid to get invested in a game when I know I could be mere moments from the seemingly random origin token error. I really don’t want a refund I just want to play for a whole game without getting interrupted and having to spend another 30 minutes trying to re-launch the game just to have it happen all over again. I really really love Titanfall and without these connectivity issues it could very well be my game of the year but as it is, it is relatively unplayable and I’m beginning to have buyer’s remorse. EA/Respawn please do something to fix this error so that I and the many other people in this thread can actually enjoy Titanfall fully, thank you.

Message 61 of 130 (2,548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have Cable One.  Same issue man.  Failed to get token, Searching for dataserver issue.  Its lame.

This is what happens when you have a short, **bleep** beta test.  If I could get a refund I would.  

Message 62 of 130 (2,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am getting this way too often and it seems very random (sometimes works fine for an hour or so, other times every 5 mins).

Very annoying during the middle of games - really thinking about asking for a refund because this sucks.

Tried everything suggested and nothing works.

Message 63 of 130 (2,511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, i tried the solutions but it didnt work for me... I can't even access the game menu. It's weird because I'm launching Titanfall from Origin then it says ''Failed to get token from Origin'' -.-

I was able to play 3 days ago.

Message 64 of 130 (2,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been getting this issue a lot as well.  I've done EVERyTHING listed on the EA Titanfall support page.  I'm forwarding all the ports listed for Titanfall on the support page, I've cleared the /app/local and /app/roaming Origin caches, I've set the Titanfall application to run as admin, I've tried reparing the install mulitple times, and I've set to run netBIOS over TCP/IP.  I was able to play the game with no problems for about 2 days after clearing the caches, but now this error is suddenly back.

I'm begining to think that this is just some inane problem with the Origin/Titanfall servers themselves, and not really something we can fix on the client end.  This is really frustrating.  I really enjoyed this game when I actually got to play it too.

Message 65 of 130 (2,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the EXACT same issues, tried all the fixes but none of them are permenant. Getting kind of fed up... spent $60 on a game I can barely play....

Message 66 of 130 (2,385 Views)

★ Apprentice

Tried the fixes and still getting it.

Message 67 of 130 (2,353 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

correction- NO, it doesnt happen to any game with a with a constant connection or live updates just this one. Get your bull#$% out of here and fix this game we all WASTED money on.

Message 68 of 130 (2,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm running the PC version of this game and also encountered the same problem previously. But I realised that this problem comes when I run the game directly instead of launching the game through the Origin app. So, now I open the Origin app first and then go to My games and launch Titanfall from there. No issues since. Hope it helps.

Message 69 of 130 (2,242 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah i have tried that a few times. Still same issue. 

No offical word from EA? Go fig... worst company of the year 2014

Message 70 of 130 (2,193 Views)