Re: Error 404 cant retrieve player data.

by minutepast

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error 404 cant retrieve player data.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Edit #1 (by EA_Nils): Titanfall Community Manager Matthew Everett has posted an official response

"Our team is looking into this issue as we speak, will provide updates as I have them."

Edit #2 (by EA_Nils): The issue should be resolved at this stage, thank you all for your patience.

hi i just installed them game last ight and oppened it just now.

i cant connect to a game it keepstelling me that it cant retrive my player data.

i saw some other posts about this. some said that they were banned but this is impossible because i just created my account last night and havent even attempted to play a game untill just a few minutes ago. can someone please help me out with this.

thanks

Message 1 of 28 (1,377 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Heya everyone,

The issue should be resolved at this stage, thank you all for your patience.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 24 of 28 (792 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Literally same exact situation. Good to know I'm not alone.

Message 2 of 28 (1,321 Views)

★ Novice

I am literally having the same problem. It's incredibly frustating since I know my brothers are able to play it. I've been looking forward to playing it and its disappointing.

Message 3 of 28 (1,264 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Havin The same problem and I bought the game today!!!

Having the best first impression in my whole life till now! :D

But I kinda expected it ...... EA is always the same had a similar problem with Battlefield 4 but I fixed that one.

If this goes on I'll be very pissed off Frown

Pls EA and Respawn make it stop

Message 4 of 28 (1,185 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. First time playing...

Message 5 of 28 (1,167 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Feeling good to know that more and more people have this problem!

Hope it's gone tomorrow or so.....

Message 6 of 28 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Don't want to toot my own horn here, but this may be of some use for anyone with knowledge (or a EA tech).

I too have been running into this same problem on my machine (mind you I play BF4 & BF3 with orgin being installed for roughly 3+ months). My brother on another machine running off a different network can connect with no issue whatsoever. Dragged his gamedata into a portable HDD and popped it into my machine after uninstall of Titanfall. Still no good, however, when he logged into his account on my machine and played the game, Titanfall worked fine.

My idealogy on this subject is that there might be a issue with the latest update that happened recently (I'd say within a few days so 1-3 days) that caused anyone to recently buy the game to have this error to show up. Anyone who bought the game prior to the recency shouldn't be encountering this problem. Looks like an account verification/authenication issue or something of that nature, if not then he should not have been able to play on my machine at all.

** Potential Fixes **

1.)  Play Titanfall using the application found on the desktop (for those that created a shortcut) or in your ./Origin Games/ and see if that works.

2.)  Right-click on the application and click on properties, click on the 'Compatibility' tab and check the 'Run As Administrator' and see if that works.

3.)  Verify/Repair game data to see if there is any installation discrepancies that may be causing an issue (this actually happened to me).

4.)  Pray?

If anything, we should be so lucky that its not the DRM from Ubisoft so be merry on that.

Message 7 of 28 (1,111 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You know that is the best thing I've ever heard in stuff like acces errors etc.!

I mean the stuff with account verification etc. might be a true solution because I already startet Origin with and without Admin, the same with Titanfall... nothing changed I repaired the game several times without any problems and at last (pretty painfull to me Frown) I reinstalled the game nothing worked.

I HOPE this is fixed like you said with some kind of account stuff in the next few days :D

PS: I am playing BF3 for about a year know, BF4 should be 2 months ago ... something like that and like I said every thing works but not Titanfall.

Aaaand I live in Germany so it is not a singel server or destination that doesn't work.

Guess waiting is the best solution :/

Message 8 of 28 (1,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same. From everything I've seen, it seems brand new players cannot play for the first time right now. Me included.

Message 9 of 28 (1,064 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I must say I'm feeling safer now! :D

Hope to what you say this will be gone soon!

But still why?....

This game is "new" and they are having problems like this ?

Message 10 of 28 (1,046 Views)