Re: Dear Respawn: This is the state of your legacy, the treatment of the communi

by Neiserblack

Original Post

Re: Dear Respawn: This is the state of your legacy, the treatment of the communi

★★★★★ Newbie

I can't believe I've been allowed to purchase a game earlier this month which I sadly never got to play years ago, where this issue has clearly been floating around for a while with many people shouting about it, and they took my money anyway!! Totally unacceptable and I shall be asking for a full refund and notification of when the issue is fixed and I can actually play the game I paid for. Daylight robbery, not to mention sticking two fingers up at the dedicated fan base of this game. I loved titanfall 2, wanted more of the universe and then this game was on offer for me so I bought it and was very much looking forward to playing. Gutted.

Message 31 of 91 (1,018 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello all. I just got onto online chat with someone from EA just now. This is the conversation:

• Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Vikas, may I start with your first name please?
  • Hello there, nice to meet you. I hope you are doing well. How may I assist you today ?
    01:37
  • Please share your issue so that I can help you with that.
    Vikas

• HI
  • I bought Titanfall 1 only a week or two ago, but the servers don't work and I can't actually play the game
    01:46
    Seems this is a known issue on web forums etc. for some time, but the game is still being sold with no warnings!
  • I will surely look in the account to assist you with the issue related to game server issue.
    01:47
  •  
    May I know if you have tried any troubleshooting steps so far?
    Vikas

• I did just apply for a refund via Steam. I am happy to re-buy the game if the servers issue is fixed.
  • I did go into my router and add all the various ports etc.
  • But no difference

• The issue is very well explained in this message page:
  • 01:49
    Please can I officially request that EA does look into this and provides that community with a response
  •  
    Yes. As i have checked the details there are so many players who are facing the issue.
    Vikas
  •  
    Seems they've been waiting for even a few years!!

I would really request your patience at the moment, as the team working on the issue very hard and expected to be fixed very soon.
    Vikas

• Ah, so it IS being looked into?
    01:50
    Definitely?
  •  
    Yes
    Vikas
  •  
    Because if so, I would strongly recommend that team should make an official statement and announcement, and ideally tell everyone what the timescale is

I will do my best for you. I will share your feedback to the team so that they can have a look into it for you and all the players.
    Vikas

01:51
  • That's great. Many thanks. I think that web link I sent to you is a good one - the person who posted it clearly is dedicated and really knows their stuff here. I'm certain that community would very much appreciate a formal response.
    01:52
  • for now I guess I'll stick with my refund request, but will check back to find out when the servers are working again.

• Thanks for your advice

I would suggest you to please contact to steam support for the refund if you have purchased the game from steam. And i have shared your feedback to the team. Also I have mentioned everything on your behalf in the notes.
    01:55

Please let me know if there anything else I may assist you with?
    Vikas

01:57
    I think that's ok, thanks
    I've added a copy of this conversation into that forum link I shared
Message 32 of 91 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I just finished online chat with EA help.. Here is the full conversation:

Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Vikas, may I start with your first name please?
Hello there, nice to meet you. I hope you are doing well. How may I assist you today ?

Please share your issue so that I can help you with that.
Vikas

Hi
I bought Titanfall 1 only a week or two ago, but the servers don't work and I can't actually play the game
Seems this is a known issue on web forums etc. for some time, but the game is still being sold with no warnings!

I will surely look in the account to assist you with the issue related to game server issue.
01:47
May I know if you have tried any troubleshooting steps so far?
Vikas

I did just apply for a refund via Steam. I am happy to re-buy the game if the servers issue is fixed.
I did go into my router and add all the various ports etc.
But no difference
The issue is very well explained in this message page:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Dear-Respawn-This-is-the-state-of-your-legacy-the-treatment-of/t...
01:49
Please can I officially request that EA does look into this and provides that community with a response

Yes. As i have checked the details there are so many players who are facing the issue.
Vikas

Seems they've been waiting for even a few years!!

I would really request your patience at the moment, as the team working on the issue very hard and expected to be fixed very soon.
Vikas

Ah, so it IS being looked into?
01:50
Definitely?

Yes
Vikas

Because if so, I would strongly recommend that team should make an official statement and announcement, and ideally tell everyone what the timescale is

I will do my best for you. I will share your feedback to the team so that they can have a look into it for you and all the players.
Vikas

01:51
That's great. Many thanks. I think that web link I sent to you is a good one - the person who posted it clearly is dedicated and really knows their stuff here. I'm certain that community would very much appreciate a formal response.
01:52
for now I guess I'll stick with my refund request, but will check back to find out when the servers are working again.
Thanks for your advice
01:53
I would suggest you to please contact to steam support for the refund if you have purchased the game from steam. And i have shared your feedback to the team. Also I have mentioned everything on your behalf in the notes.
01:55

Please let me know if there anything else I may assist you with?
Vikas

01:57
I think that's ok, thanks
02:00
I've added a copy of this conversation into that forum link I shared
Thanks for that, appreciated.

Thank you for contacting EA Help. Bye take care and stay safe.

Message 33 of 91 (1,005 Views)

★★★ Novice

If we fight together we will never truly lose! This game will never die with fans such as these!

Message 34 of 91 (991 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ddustuk Thanks for taking the steps to talk with EA chat. We need to pull all the fire alarms, apparently. I hope to see you in game!
Message 35 of 91 (976 Views)

Rif.: Dear Respawn: This is the state of your legacy, the treatment of the commu

★★★★★ Novice

Nice work buddy! They cant ignore forever.

Message 36 of 91 (972 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ddustuk thanks a lot, I hope they get it fixed, I was able to play on December 2019 and I love it but I was more into the TF2 and my ea play ended and I didn't enjoyed it completely
Message 37 of 91 (964 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ddustuk he is clearly lying
Message 38 of 91 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've seen multiple users in the Remnant Fleet Discord come back from the EA Support Chat over the past month with reps telling them that someone is "looking into it." Until we get an official public statement, I assume that nobody is in fact bothering to do anything about it. Any time something is wrong with Apex servers, there's a post about it long before a fix is deployed; they still make it clear that they know there's an issue.

Message 39 of 91 (949 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MOM-2236 Thank you so much. I can't wait to play this amazing game again!
Message 40 of 91 (931 Views)