Re: Connection issue; "Failed to get token from Origin." & Infinite "Retrieving m

by kromdor666

Original Post

Re: Connection issue; "Failed to get token from Origin." & Infinite "Retrieving m

★ Novice

I'm also dealing with this problem. Its like a lottery whether Ill be able to play that day or not.

I wonder if they would have had the same problems if they had used steam instead. Its strange especially since they already using the source engine...

Message 31 of 59 (2,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same here.  The game is unplayable for me.  I get one or two rounds into it and am kicked with the "failure to receive token from origin" error.  I get really bad lag when it does work too.  I have a good cable connection.  I'm wondering if the problem is with my video card.  I have an ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.

edit:  Well, then there are days like today where I can't get on at all because of the token issue....

Message 32 of 59 (2,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i tried to repair the client and i still had the same response. my husband can get on just fine and were working off the same network

Message 33 of 59 (2,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I followed all of your steps and I'm still getting constant token from origin errors....
Frustrating you guys have had a long time now to get this issue worked out it's affecting a lot of us.

Message 34 of 59 (2,354 Views)

★ Novice

I assume there is still no actual fix to this problem? Had it since launch and tried every workaround many, many, MANY, times. Still get token error. How long do I have to wait to play the $80 game of the year that i bought at launch a month ago?

Message 35 of 59 (2,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can play 2-3 matches at most before getting the Token error. It's a great game when it works. Sadly, that line seems to be the trend with EA releases of late.

Message 36 of 59 (2,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Totally fed up with this **bleep**.

Guys and gals, the reality is that EA doesn' t give a dayum about it's paying customers.  This issue has been ongoing since the release of TF and they refuse to come clean as to why.  From where I'm sittien, they simply don't have enough servers to support the customer base, which is why so many are getting the token issues.  So basically we are stuck with try over and over to reconnect while EA has our hard earned money.

Ripoff.

Message 37 of 59 (2,285 Views)

★★ Novice

This is just a long shot, but this has worked for me:

Every now and then I get the "Token error loop" whether I start the game fresh or play a few maps and then get kicked off.  When it happens, I try to get back into a game and constantly get the error... it just loops.  

My temporary solution to the problem: Wait.  Wait about 30 to 45 seconds BEFORE you click the button on the "Failed to get token from Origin" message.  Have patience and wait for up to a minute before you click that button to try to connect again, and it connects for me everytime.

This is coming from someone who has had this problem from day 1.  I have no doubt it won't work for all of you, but try it.  It works for me.

Good luck gents... this issue is **bleep**.

Message 38 of 59 (2,154 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@ATF_DeadHer0 wrote:

This is just a long shot, but this has worked for me:

Every now and then I get the "Token error loop" whether I start the game fresh or play a few maps and then get kicked off.  When it happens, I try to get back into a game and constantly get the error... it just loops.  

My temporary solution to the problem: Wait.  Wait about 30 to 45 seconds BEFORE you click the button on the "Failed to get token from Origin" message.  Have patience and wait for up to a minute before you click that button to try to connect again, and it connects for me everytime.

This is coming from someone who has had this problem from day 1.  I have no doubt it won't work for all of you, but try it.  It works for me.

Good luck gents... this issue is **bleep**.

Given the way this release has gone - I'm willing to try almost anything at this point!  It looks like there hasn't been any EA response in this thread for a while, so if anyone feels keen, please come join our 106 PAGES worth of reponses.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/March-20th-update-Connection-Issues-for-Xbox-One-and-PC/td-p/2484...

Message 39 of 59 (2,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Verifying the files on a 50 gig game is frustrating to say the least, especially when it 'could' fix the issue. I've been impressed and very happy with this game so far, It just feels like its still in it's beta stages...I shudder to think whats happened to BF4...One of my issues was allowing titanfall through the firewall, and a small program I use that blocks ip addresses. After that I googled the ports to open and opened them on both my router and modem....worked fine for about 3 weeks, with 'token' messages peppered through out, not often maybe 3 or 4, but I was always able to get through on the second attempt. Only lost one connection during a match throughout the few weeks, then today I can't get through. Verifying my game files, and will try the rest of these fixes. I think the ratio of play value to being worth my time to fix a broken game is reaching capacity. Has anyone tried possible registry fixes? Maybe the pc is still using code from an old update? I know enough about this **bleep** to really screw it up, so i'll let the powers that be get it together. Sorry...venting. Games 50% verified....glad i have to leave in 20 minutes. TLDR: Triple check all possible programs that deal with your internet connection for blocking programs, then triple check that your router AND modem have the ports open, if your modem is also a router. (I had a screwed up setup for a while, this may not be common.) After that, crack a beer and think about all the EA techs scrambling to fix it...At least thats what I like to think theyre doing....

Message 40 of 59 (2,018 Views)