Re: Connection issue; "Failed to get token from Origin." & Infinite "Retrieving m

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Re: Connection issue; "Failed to get token from Origin." & Infinite "Retrieving m

★★★★★ Newbie

Tried all the above remedies, most of them seem to work once.  But now it just doesn't allow me to play.  I'm so sick of EA's terrible usability.  First BF4, now this non-sense, why are these guys still in business?

Message 21 of 59 (6,330 Views)

★★★ Novice

My apologies for not checking in the past few days. However, this is still happening. I'm not sure why. I've uninstalled and reinstalled roughly 3 times, tried the 'Repair game' option. Checked for updates. Reset my router and modem. Nothing. This is obviously a problem amongst a larger group and not just myself. A fix would be **bleep**. I'm getting to the point where no matter how long I wait, it won't connect at all. 'Failed to get token from Origin.' My internet is far from the problem.

I've played many games online with no issue. So, my internet speed, or strength should not be the problem.

Message 22 of 59 (6,307 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just chiming in saying that I have the same problem now too.

I had the token thing earlier as well, but I got rid of it (flushed DNS and deleted TEMP folder. Not sure if it fixed it or it was just a coincidence), but now Iæm stuck and failing to retrieve MOTD and no servers found. Just stuck at "Initializing".

Message 23 of 59 (6,290 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just an update; I was able to play a few matches today. Though after about 3-4 matches, I got kicked in the middle of one due to the 'Token' issue. The issue is very much still present, and for many other people. Every fix that I have been given, reseting modem, flushing, repairing, and reinstalling. Nothing worked. It seems to fix itself after a bit, but then acts up again.

I'd love a fix, because the game is amazingly fun, but very dissapointed by the constant disconnects/inability to connect which seem to have no real order or reason to them.

Message 24 of 59 (6,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

We're aware of an error some players receive either at game-launch, when trying to find a match, or even in-game that reads "Unable to retrieve Origin token."

While we're investigating this issue and will have it resolved as quickly as possible, some players have reported success getting into the game with the following workarounds:

• Repair your Titanfall game installation by heading to the My Games tab in your Origin client, right-clicking your Titanfall game tile, and selecting Repair.
  • Run Titanfall as an Administrator on your PC by navigating to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall\Titanfall.exe, if installed in its default location, right-clicking Titanfall.exe and selecting Run as Administrator.
  • Clear your Origin Data Cache, if Origin is installed in its default location on your PC, by deleting the following folders:
    • C:\ProgramData\Origin\
    • C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Origin\
    • C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
  • Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP by right-clicking the Internet Connection symbol in your task bar, next to your clock, and selecting Open Network and Sharing Center.
    • In there, click Manage Network Connection in the left-hand sidebar
    • Right-click on Local Area Connection and select Properties
    • Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
    • Click the Advanced button under the General tab, then click the WINS tab
    • Click Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP

Source

barry.png
Message 25 of 59 (6,238 Views)

★★★ Novice

So why can't EA answer anyones question on when this is going to get fixed? All they do is send you to **bleep** that doesn't work, cause the issue is not on our end. The issue is on "ORIGIN'S" end. If I'm not getting kicked out of games I'm getting waiting on "ORIGIN"  then its "failed to get origin token".

Message 26 of 59 (6,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've tried all of the propsed solutions and I am still getting token errors.  I not only get them on the main menu which prevent me from playing in the first place, I also get them in the middle of games and it disconnects me immediately.

Is there any update on the status of this bug?  The game is fun when it works but it has been a major pain to deal with tokens.

Also, can anyone explain what the token actually is which isn't able to refresh?  Is this something used to make sure the account being played is linked to a legitimate Origin account?  Or is it something entirely different?

EDIT:  I don't know if this is a fix or just luck but I went into my Titanfall, found Titanfall.exe, and went into options to set it to always run as administrator (right click Titanfall.exe > click Properties > go to the Compatability tab > tick the box next to "Run this program as an administrator").  I created a shortcut to that exe file on my start menu and booted Titanfall from that shortcut only, not from the Origin interface.  It will ask you "Are you sure you want to run this file" everytime but once in the game, I was able to play again without the token error.

This could be temporary fix but after a reboot of Origin and starting from my shortcut on the windows start menu it worked.  Good luck!

EDIT 2:  That didn't last long, the fix seems to work for a bit but the token error still comes back.  Still need a permanent solution.

Message 27 of 59 (6,108 Views)

★★ Novice

What about win 8.1 there is no option for 'manage network connection'

Message 28 of 59 (6,090 Views)

★★★ Novice

The above 'Fixes' didn't do it for me. It's been a good.. what, two weeks? I'd really like to enjoy this game without the frustration of being disconnected every few minutes, or not being able to connect at all. I can understand it is not the easiest thing to find and fix something, but it's been a good amount of time. We've been getting the same fixes for pretty well the entire time.

As of the 23 of March, I am still unable to go without getting the 'Token' error. No matter what I seem to do. Even the run as administrator fixed it for just a few minutes it seems. I'm pretty well dissapointed.

Message 29 of 59 (6,042 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any update on this? It's getting old not being able to play this.

Message 30 of 59 (5,829 Views)