Re: Connection issue; "Failed to get token from Origin." & Infinite "Retrieving m

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Connection issue; "Failed to get token from Origin." & Infinite "Retrieving m

★★★ Newbie

I want a refund.  This is a joke.  Token error after token error... can't even play since launch.

Message 11 of 59 (4,555 Views)

Community Manager

@hooeejedi Are you still seeing this? Please try a repair of the game client and check if the problem persists. Be sure that you're not using a proxy or VPN.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 12 of 59 (4,489 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@eadavid We've all tried: flushing the DNS, deleting temp files, deleting game installers, repairing or reinstalling the game to no avail. And we're not hooked to VPNs or Proxys. I can get into a game pretty regularly but it only takes a few matches before being booted out by this error.

Message 13 of 59 (4,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought Titanfall last night and downloaded it over night and I get this "Failed to get a token from origin" every time I start it up.  I've tried some of the suggestions but so far nothing has fixed it.

Message 14 of 59 (4,453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

connection issue, "Failed to get token from Origin" non stop upon game start up since install. sometimes I get into a game through a friend invite or it just works but ill be kicked from the game at random with the token message. I bought the 250$ collectors edition and I can't play. so disappointing :mansad:

(tried everything I can find on the web and here to fix it) thats how i spent my "launch night" 

p.s. later that night I bought a copy for my friend, hes works perfect

Message 15 of 59 (4,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Failed to get token from origin

Failed to get token from origin

Failed to get token from origin

Just downloaded and installed off origin 10 min ago.

Message 16 of 59 (4,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm starting to side with hooeejedi, over here!

$280 for this game (CE)... then $30 for the guide... And I can barely get in to play.

When i DO get in to play, i'm interruped between 2-6 times (EACH ROUND!!) with a message about trying to reconnect to the server which causes my game to freeze up for 5-6 seconds at a time! (which equals instant death in a firefight).

I'm on  a 50mb connecttion and have a 50s - 60s ping! There's no excuse for this!

I tried "eakristi's" solution... Now I don't seem to get the "Token" error, but instead it "can't find a data center".....

now i'm trying "eadavid's" solution of repairing the game... (the second time i've had to repair this d*mned thing)....

I'll let you know how it goes....

Message 17 of 59 (4,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've had this frustratring error so many times, like everyone else here. Day 1 was surprisingly fine, then from March 12 till now it has progressively gotten worse. This morning, it had gotten so bad that the "Failed to get token from Origin" message would pop up the second the main menu did, and then would infinitely loop everytime I closed the error. I had contacted EA and spoke with a represenative via live chat and had tried all of the following:

Restarting Computer

Restarting Router/Modem

Reinstalling the game/Origin

Repairing in Origin launcher

Running as administrator

Disabling firewalls

Flushing DNS

Renewing IP Address

Deleting temp files

Opening/Forwarding appropriate ports

and finally, it wasn't until the last method did I notice some improvement. I was told to go to Network and Sharing and enable "NetBIOS over TCP/IP" under the TCP/IPv4. After I did that, I no longer got the infinite loop at the main menu, and I could actually get into some games. However, It seems that there is still a 50% chance that each game I go into will give me the "failed to refresh token from Origin" error. This is absolutely unacceptable, but expected, from EA.

Message 18 of 59 (3,967 Views)

★ Novice

This is absolutely unacceptable, but expected, from EA.

I like you. 

My roomate and I have this same issue. Sometimes he gets kicked out sometimes I do.  Just depends on when ever EA decides to troll us i guess? 

Message 19 of 59 (3,867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just checking in. Still happening, at random times. Sometimes right when i get on, but mostly when im mid-game. Still no legit response from EA? Any team members actually trying to figure out the problem here? :/

Message 20 of 59 (3,805 Views)