Re: Can't launch Titanfall 1 on Steam

by Fenris50

Original Post

Can't launch Titanfall 1 on Steam

★ Guide

The game won't launch when I click play.  It redirects me to the Origin client where it then presents this message on the screen: "ERROR LAUNCHING GAME The game Titanfall™ Deluxe Edition does not appear to be installed. Please install it or try relaunching the game." The game IS downloaded on Steam, took me a very long time to do so.  When I go to Origin and click download it also presents me with this message: "ERROR LAUNCHING GAME The game Titanfall™ Deluxe Edition does not appear to be installed. Please install it or try relaunching the game." I'm going to get a refund for both Titanfall 1 and 2 if this isn't resolved.

Message 1 of 9 (2,490 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately, all the Titanfall 1 servers have been taken offline by a hacker.  This has been going on for many weeks now and it appears nothing can be done.  Same thing happened in 2019 but apparently the hacker got bored and allowed them to come back on line. around the time Steam offered the game for sale.  No Joy for Titanfall 1 players.

Titanfall 2 has ... so far ... been unaffected by this hacker, but is plagued with cheaters.

Message 2 of 9 (2,450 Views)

★ Guide

@Fenris50 So I can't launch the game at all? And EA has done nothing about this? And the listings for both games are still up? What a joke.

Message 3 of 9 (2,440 Views)

★ Guide

Yep .... that's it.  You Can't get past the Title screen most of the time.  You'll get an endless loop of "retrieving matchmaking List"  followed by "No Servers Found.

The few ... very few ... times you get to the actual game lobby, you'll see something about the maps not being installed along with the rest of the player slots showing "connecting ... " but never connecting.  It's been going on for weeks.

Message 4 of 9 (2,437 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just bought Titanfall Deluxe today. Why do they sell a game that doesn't work? I'm so confused

Message 5 of 9 (1,806 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@tpocuk123 This shows how EA doesn't care about it's customers. I'm done buying anything this company makes.
Message 6 of 9 (1,641 Views)

★ Guide
@BLKBRDSR71 Both Titanfall games are back on line and playable this past week. Hopefully the problem is permanently dealth with.

Message 7 of 9 (1,635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I am a newcomer and hope to gain experience!

Message 8 of 9 (1,505 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! I have learned a lot of new things and I feel that I can achieve some interesting things! I think it's very good!It should not be a problem with steam, it may be a network problem or the computer cannot respond to the program for some reasons, which makes it impossible to open Titan Fall 1. It is recommended to check whether the computer is set or the driver is faulty and needs to be reinstalled.

Message 9 of 9 (1,479 Views)