Re: Abusive names used to blend in with the AI

by WallCroftZ

Original Post

Abusive names used to blend in with the AI

★ Novice

A couple of players have changed their names to things extremely similar to that of the names of the AI in the game and changed their player models to match as well. In the game, there are AI called Militia Grunts, and their name appears over their head as "Militia Grunt". The abusive players have changed their names to be "Militia_Grump" and "Militia_Prunt" and changed their player models to match the AI in an attempt to blend in and abuse a game mechanic. EA hasn't responded to any reports of this abusive behavior, so I thought I would make a post about it to see what could be done.

Message 1 of 5 (175 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there any screenshots?

Actually it not that bad you can tell it by your eye there is no way that player can play as grunts just only spectres with spectre camo burn card.

Sometime i saw it by myself but it not really think that look abuse

If that then why don't you just use mk5 as long as the game provide you the gun to play so you have the right to use it.(You don't have to care other people, They won't use it then it up to them)

BTW, If they use some inappropriate name then we talk.

Message 2 of 5 (169 Views)

★ Novice

I can provide screenshots of the EA report form from my email about them if that works. And I'm a G10, I only use the smart pistol against other friends in private matches, or to punish other G10 SP users who have a mouth on them. 

Message 3 of 5 (160 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Technically that isn't really violating anything @Salty-Abrown, If the team feels the need to remove the users they will. No need to send multiple reports as that is spamming the report system which isn't allowed.

Message 4 of 5 (156 Views)

★ Novice
Pretty sure I've only reported each player once, I haven't spammed them with reports. I do hope they'll at least request that the offending players change their names as it makes it almost impossible to tell them and the AI apart.

Deliberate confusion by using the name system to gain an advantage in game is abuse to me. I can only hope someone at EA feels the same and acts accordingly.
Message 5 of 5 (152 Views)