Yet another TF2 Server issue ...

by Fenris50

Original Post

Yet another TF2 Server issue ...

★ Guide

Can't even start multiplayer.  Error message is:

"The connection to the matchmaking server failed:

Code 429"

I've already permanently uninstalled TF1.  These continuing issues will likely lead to the same fate for TF2.

REALLY a shame as I enjoyed both games.

EA/Respawn will get no more of my money.

Message 1 of 9 (2,126 Views)

Re: Yet another TF2 Server issue ...

★ Guide

I just installed the game to play some Frontier Defense mode and I get it as well, to the mf who started all this crap needs to be arrested and jailed because the game is still available for sale and yet you cant play online thanks to whoever it is that's doing this

Message 2 of 9 (1,745 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Fenris50 and @Nakatomi_Uk I have a sneaky suspicion that the new error message actually is a sign that they're working on the servers. I received a badge claiming I'm on to some secret the other day and the only thing I've possibly done that could've triggered that (aside of it being gifted through wonky random chance) is mentioning that it might be someone tinkering with the server code. Hopefully that's the case, at least. We ought to know shortly.
Message 3 of 9 (1,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I came very, very late to the party and started a few weeks ago.  For the brief window I could play it's been a hugely enjoyable game and it breaks my heart to see the sizeable roster of people logged into the MP server every night despite this being a game that released in 2016.  So many folks trying just for the chance to play the game.  I'd like, no, LOVE to think there's work being done to solve this but my faith died a long time ago.  Given the lack of financial incentive (they already have our money) this would come down solely to the dev and publisher performing a good faith gesture to the customer base.  I don't think those happen anymore.  Wish I could be wrong.

Message 4 of 9 (1,730 Views)

★★★★ Novice

the problem is not from your pc its from EA Servers .. bad servers bad company

Message 5 of 9 (1,715 Views)

★★★★ Novice

They are trying to drag players to Apax Legend..a failed attempt by them

Message 6 of 9 (1,713 Views)

★★★ Guide
@RIIIFMAX and @PolarityDriven. I'm telling you, mates, however frustrating this may be, the new error code might be a blessing in disguise. Hold on to your helmets for a week and then see if something's changed. Hopefully we can all get back to some serious mayhem before too long.
Message 7 of 9 (1,701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Their ignorance is really the * part, though. It's been ~1 week of downtime today. Can you imagine Apex servers being down for 1 week? Cause I for sure can not.

Message 8 of 9 (1,619 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PaleDolphin It was, during last year. Of course, that got top priority fixing - because there's more money in it, no doubt. I get the frustration, but this time I think the silence is a good sign. At least as long as that 429 error code is present. If it backtracks to consistently just being the same old extreme ping connection issue I'd say it's cause to get the torches blazing again.
Message 9 of 9 (1,611 Views)