Re: Unable to launch game "Couldn't load UI material "material/code_pr

by cathher1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to launch game "Couldn't load UI material "material/code_private/ui.rpak"

★★ Novice

Every time I try to launch titanfall 2, I get through the title screens (Respawn, EA) and then it crashes and says "Couldn't load UI material "material/code_private/ui.rpak". I have tried repairing the game - which it gets through and then get stuck on downloading - doesn't let me pause or cancel it. I have tried reinstalling it. I have also tried reinstalling origin. None of these have worked. I have been able to play Titanfall 2 on my pc before with no problems, so I have no idea why this is happening.

Windows 7 64-bit

i5 3750K 3.4GHz

8GB RAM

GTX 1060 6GB

Storage is not an issue

Message 1 of 10 (5,810 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@SlinkyPinky345 @akoska8 @Pao44445

Thank you for the posts. Can I ask what anti-virus software you're using? To hazard a guess I assume the particular files in question ase being blocked by the security software. 

One test is to add the game to your exceptions list for your AV then try again. Another would be to temporarily disable it, and see if anything changes. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (6,267 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Me too, I've done almost everything except re-install the operating system. I don't want re-install everything  :/ 

Issue

Message 2 of 10 (5,725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is the same problem with me the game worked on my pc befor and now it dosent work. it says the same thing. do you think uninstaling the game and  creating a new acount in origin and buy the game again wil fix the problem? becous i dont know. (sory for bad engils i am not an englis person)

Message 3 of 10 (5,691 Views)

★★ Novice

You shouldn't have to pay for the game again just to be able to play it, that would be totally out of order.

Message 4 of 10 (5,676 Views)

Community Manager

@SlinkyPinky345 @akoska8 @Pao44445

Thank you for the posts. Can I ask what anti-virus software you're using? To hazard a guess I assume the particular files in question ase being blocked by the security software. 

One test is to add the game to your exceptions list for your AV then try again. Another would be to temporarily disable it, and see if anything changes. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 10 (6,268 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, turns out AVG had quarantined the file for some reason and so restoring it seems to have fixed it for now!

Message 6 of 10 (5,641 Views)

★ Novice

I got this

Remove AVG

Remove all ui.pak and repair the game 

the case is closed 

Message 7 of 10 (5,626 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@小指345 I do not have AVG but I encountered the same situation, I only have the firewall that comes with Win11 on my computer
Message 8 of 10 (1,286 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@cathher1 wrote:
@小指345 I do not have AVG but I encountered the same situation, I only have the firewall that comes with Win11 on my computer

If you bought off Steam, I think the problem is that the vcredist_64.exe file that Steam distributes with is out of date. I had same problem as you and fixed it with the newest version I could find on the microsoft website. Try https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-for-visual-c-2013-and-visual-c-redistributable-pack... , download and run vcredist_64.exe and then reboot your pc before trying tf2 again. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,257 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you so much!

Message 10 of 10 (1,242 Views)