Re: Titanfall2... Refuses to launch. (steam version)

by lamplighter39

Original Post

Titanfall2... Refuses to launch. (steam version)

★★★ Newbie

so, hi.
as many others did. on a winter holiday sales of 2022. i got gifted a copy of Titanfall2

so i installed it. launched it. but all what happend. is just a home screen of this EA launcher program. but no game. not even in task manager. not a single trace of game.
first what i tried. was the obvious fixes. trying the .exe files. trying it directly from steam. or directly from EA. or without. even verifying files. and WELL...

nothing worked.

did i really just installed a 63GB copy of a something that just opens a home screen of an EA games? no game at all? like am sorry but this is just too much. especially for an older title. can we get this fixed? i hope this and many other threads that started to appear here will raise a little question mark for the support team. that something is clearly wrong and needs to be quite quickly fixed.

thank you for reading, apologies if it was little rough.

Message 1 of 3 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here, every time i try to launch the game it opens the EA app and trying to launch it from there just restarts the app, no game in task manager, ive been playing this game for years and it worked fine on the origin launcher but like with pretty much everything else EA puts out  nowadays it doesn't work anymore

Message 2 of 3 (772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I ended up on the forums after having the same issue. Fresh PC, Steam, EA, and Titanfall. The answer ended up being right in the eventviewer in the System log: 

"Application popup: Titanfall2.exe - System Error : The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Even though I watched Steam install all the MS VC++ prereqs beforehand, it didn't get them all. The 2013 x64 binaries were missing, so I installed that one and the game launched immediately after that (attached screenshot). You can find all the VC++ redistributables here: Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn

Hopeful it's the same for others who had this bad experience to start!

appwiz.jpg

Message 3 of 3 (671 Views)