Titanfall Activation Error

by vrmark81

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall Activation Error

★★★ Newbie

When trying to play Titanfall for the first time I am unable to start the game on PC.  I'm a getting the error message "We are unable to connect to EA server to activate Titanfall on this computer using your account. Please try again later."

Message 29 of 35 (5,436 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall Activation Error

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello @vrmark81

Have you bought a disk or a download version of the game? You might want to try some of the workarounds from this thread here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/We-re-unable-to-connect-to-EA-Servers Let me know if anything works for you.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 32 of 35 (5,078 Views)

All Replies

We're unable to connect to EA Servers to activate Titanfall on this computer using your account.

★★★★ Novice

I have tried almost everyone from opening ports. Shutting down my windows firewall and even tried to set the ActivationUI.exe to run on administrator but that dumb program keeps failing to connect to the EA Servers. What is the problem? I am running out of ideas and I'm already taken two days trying to troubleshoot this stupid game. 

Message 1 of 35 (10,515 Views)

Re: We're unable to connect to EA Servers to activate Titanfall on this computer using your account.

★★★★★ Expert

Answers HQ is a gamer to gamer Self-Help forum.  Solutions are not guaranteed, especially in these early days, before much of anyone here has built up much experience with this new product.  The official support remains on the EA Help Center website.

http://help.ea.com/en/

Message 2 of 35 (10,472 Views)

Re: We're unable to connect to EA Servers to activate Titanfall on this computer using your account.

★★★★ Novice

Sorry nothing there worked. I have tried:

1. Opening ports on my firewall.

2. Port forwarding on my router.

3. Tried a different broadband to connect.

4. Disable my firewall.

5. Tried using safeboot to activate.

6. Even tried bf3 rectification by deleting some files in site licenses and stuff.

7. Disable anti virus.

8. Uninstall the game and download the whole 50GB from Origin.

9. Uninstall Origin and reinstall.

Let me know what else can I try. I don't mind trying as its already my third day unable to even start the game because of an authentication process that does not work.

Is there perhaps a port I need to open for the authentication process to go through or maybe an IP address I can set in my hosts file so I can direct that Authentication program to the EA Servers.

Message 3 of 35 (10,443 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This problem sure is tough. I still can't solve it. Talking to EA help support also didn't have a solution. They have sent my problem to their technical team though. Hope they figure something out...

Message 4 of 35 (10,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Windows 7
  1. Hold down the Windows key and press R. (This will open the Run dialogue.)
  2. Type cmd and press Enter. (This will open a command prompt.)
  3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
  4. Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
  5. Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
  6. Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
  7. Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
  8. Reboot the computer.

its work for me

Message 5 of 35 (10,372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks. Just tried it though. DIdn't work for me. Frown

Message 6 of 35 (10,364 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yay... 6 days since I got the game and I still can't play. Brilliant job EA tech support... *sarcasm*

Message 7 of 35 (10,338 Views)

★ Novice

Fixed. There is an application in the origingames/titanfall/core folder called Activation UI allow it in your firewall and the game starts.

Message 8 of 35 (10,324 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did write that I even shutdown my firewall. Didn't work. This game sucks and I had to make the mistake of buying it through retail and now I can't return nor sell it. The box is a nice paperweight now. The game is a nice little icon in origin that I can't play. I am never buying a game with EA on it ever again...

Message 9 of 35 (10,310 Views)