Re: Titanfall 2 xBox issues

by Marshawott

Original Post

Titanfall 2 xBox issues

★ Guide

Heyo, ‘member me? Adam_Malkovich from Titanfall 1 on Origin? Well guess what, Titanfall 2 is starting to show similar signs of the same type of attacks that took down Titanfall 1 (originally Pc, but now xBox too it looks like). 
   A lot of people said I was crazy/not smart for trying to prevent Titanfall 1 from being hacked/taken out on PC edition, but I knew that if somebody could figure out how to take out the game, and was allowed to do so, they could potentially take out or affect other games. Such is the case as is happening now. Titanfall 2 on PC is experiencing lag/DDOSING/crashing in all sorts of events, including a charity fundraiser. The issue is also spreading to xBox where lag is the main issue. However, Titanfall 1 on xbox has been killed essentially, and from what I’ve seen and heard it’s the exact same as in PC’s death. Here is a link providing what I could get as a player from around 2 years ago:  https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXgTXM87jYoulsAAH4CtiLOG3SNpWk8tW

I understand the issues are not quite the same on Titanfall 2 atm, but they are progressing the very same way. It starts with mild lag spikes that maybe double to triple your ping, next it expands to larger lag spikes (multi hundreds level @~800 ping) then it progresses to interfere with matchmaking more readily, causing longer delays in startup despite same number of available players. It stays like that for a while, but then progresses to extreme lag spikes (1-5k ping), but if that was bad, it gets worse...the game can potentially start to crash due to “missing files/failing to load files” as did occur to me recently (haven’t uploaded clip to YouTube yet, but it’s in my captures library)...then it can progress to a stage where matches will not start (such as is occurring with Titanfall 2 private matches). Once it reaches this point it is likely there are soon hackers/exploiters who either don’t lag or work perfectly (either via their own actions or “clan” protection). These hacks can also include speed hacks (as in Titanfall 1 and aimbot as I have seen/heard in Titanfall 1 and 2...I’ve heard players admit to it). Ultimately the game starts to overall become laggier (instead of individuals/teams) and the eventual death culminates when a bot/system of bots overlords the game and crashes it by joining parties, public and private matches that aren’t full, or lobbies. 

Fortunately, due to the Titanfall 2 lobbies it is much harder to join players and crash via matchmaking lobby, but it seems to be easier to lag matchmaking or lobbies once they start. 

I know it sounds repetitive, but it is an issue. Especially since lag and other issues are still affecting Apex Legends servers too (less issues are there though due to increased developer work and moderation/newer systems). All I want to see is this darned lag and connectivity issue be fixed, especially since Microphone interactions with teammates is starting to be laggy/stuttery (starting on 5/14/21). These issues started as minor lag but tend to be progressing in such a way as to indicate a fate similar to Titanfall 1 (PC) is approaching. There is no sense in letting a game die if it still has regular players...I mean there are still people who use the original Xbox live...please EA, don’t fail the community as you did with the death of Titanfall 1. Titanfall 3 sounds unlikely from what I know of the canon from Apex, but there is a huge community that loves the series and wishes for its success. All I want is for EA/Respawn/server hosts(or supporting companies) to rally against the hackers who are ruining a perfectly good game because they can and receive no recourse. Technically DDOSING is a felony that can earn 10 years of jail time and actions of some individuals (such as Atomic Bomb, his alts, Et. Ali.) are technically felonies. Action should be taken against these individuals, whether directly finding and prosecuting them or through updating security/games to prevent hacking. I’ve learned from experience that gaming companies that focus on the quality gameplay, addressing hackers/cheaters, and who have a community’s support make substantial money.

Seriously EA, redeem yourself of the “P2W” identity that has been given to you and help the players who seek it. As individuals we are powerless, but as a community we are strong. We have the ability to decide whether we will keep games alive by providing players or to abandon them/developer altogether. Support those who seek it, especially if it’s a major issue so that the community rallies around you.

I write this because I am not only concerned for Titanfall 2 Xbox, but apex as well (not to mention every other platform)

Message 1 of 3 (350 Views)

★ Novice

Titanfall 2 just enjoyed a massive spike of players so this is a problem, more players would experience this unlike Titanfall 1. The new players will just leave because of ddosing.

Message 2 of 3 (322 Views)

★ Guide

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ4HuBpeI4I&list=LL6nBOtAhweHOxrVWgRePx5Q&index=1

it’s not just a few of us, I say step up your act or face the wrath of millions of players who just want to enjoy the beautiful game in peace...

i found this video somebody else made that went into detail...I personally had decided to not bother after a year of submitting clips and asking for help BEFORE this was a problem. I’m sorry, but if a rewrite of code is needed then do it. Or don’t sell the game, DLC, on any platform...origin, console, Or steam. 

not to mention Apex is broken af too.

Message 3 of 3 (266 Views)