Titanfall 2 multiplayer doesn't work

by Jozso987

Original Post

Titanfall 2 multiplayer doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Just bought the game, because I saw it on YouTube, and it looks so cool! The campaign is super fun! But this game is about the multiplayer... So, I start the matchmaking, and when it finds a game it gives me an error and then the game crashes to the main menu. Will you fix it? Or this game is another Battlefront 2, another Battlefield?

Message 1 of 4 (844 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 multiplayer doesn't work

★★★ Newbie

I just got it and after I finished the campaign i tried to connect to multiplayer, it seems to not be able to find a server. This is a software issue if anything, I play on PC-Steam and my internet is fine so whatever it is isn't on my end

Message 2 of 4 (790 Views)

★ Guide

Its not a software issues it's a server issue they have been getting DDOS attacked since January 2021 by some idiots and it's been happening ever since, Respawn have been aware of it and in June 2021 they said a small team was going to fix it as in 2 people and they never did. It comes back online for like a few hours but they gets shut down again you need to install the NorthStar client if you want to play MP mode. the official MP will never get fixed because EA and Respawn have their head stuck each others backsides as APEX is there baby now

Message 3 of 4 (733 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Titanfall is a very old game, with naturally a relatively small community. while it is common to see 20k players online, they are split between all the different datacentres. I have collected a bunch of data [through my community Bot] and here are some suggestions:

Try sticking to the following servers, they have the highest player counts in their respective regions:

[ASIA]

• Tokyo

• Hong Kong

[OCE]

• Tokyo (Sydney server seem unstable)

[EUROPE]

• Frankfurt

• London

• Belgium

[NA/ SA]

• Dallas

• Iowa

• South Carolina

Do keep in mind these region's local times. don't expect matches at 2 am in Tokyo.

Alternatively; the community has made a custom client for Titanfall; Northstar. It allows players to mod the game, host and join custom lobbies, custom skins and gamemodes. Check it out here: YouTube

Cheers, Pilot!

Message 4 of 4 (698 Views)