Titanfall 2 crashing with ReadPacketEntities: Failed error message

by Fenris50

Original Post

Re: Titanfall 2 multiplayer freeze on PC

★★★ Guide
@Yoyoyoyo345 Ddos attack. Not a problem on your end,it's downed the whole multiplayer community and has been going on since spring this year. There was a brief period during summer where the game worked fairly well (stable matches, unstable lobby) for about a month but now we're back in the pit. Respawn's Jason Garza has said that they've got '1-2 technicians' working on it and that 'this will take time' to solve. It's not likely to be sorted out any time soon, so check in every once in a while to see if things are better but enjoy other games in the meantime.
Message 231 of 477 (389 Views)

Loss Connection to Server

★★★ Newbie

Loss Connection to Server

Everytime I try to do anything on multiplayer, I get kicked. Help!

Message 232 of 477 (386 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2: Unable to connect to any multiplayer content

★★★ Guide
@OctoberCreature As you've probably deduced by this point, this issue isn't on your end and something shared with the whole TF2 community. Ddos attacks that have been targeting the servers since April, with a period of about a month during summer where things were almost back to normal. Others will tell you they've been in contact with EA Support only to be told it's a user problem, but that's a load of bs. Jason Garza has stated they've got "1-2 technicians on it", so it's likely to be a problem for some time still.
Message 233 of 477 (368 Views)

Re: Server Connection Timed out

★★★ Newbie

I don wonder if EA/Respawn even care at this point. Oh well... teaches me to buy any of their product.

I guess a nice class action lawsuit would fix this problem ASAP.

Message 234 of 477 (381 Views)

Re: Loss Connection to Server

★★★ Guide
@swangtal This is a community wide problem due to the ongoing ddos attacks. If you check the thread with some 200+ posts you'll see that EA is aware and we'll be notified when things are looking up, but due to the fact that their taskforce dealing with this is a whopping 1-2 technicians it may take a while.
Message 235 of 477 (375 Views)

Re: Server Connection Timed out

★★★ Guide
@swangtal As long as money is being generated by TF2 they're interested, but seeing as other projects generate more money their expected interest is less than optimal and steadily in decline. If hit by a lawsuit I expect them to find some wiggle room in their paperworks that would allow them to just shut the servers down and avoid any loss of money. Big fish tend to set the rules in small ponds.
Message 236 of 477 (380 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 crashing with ReadPacketEntities: Failed error message

★★★ Newbie

Yup. I just tried to play a private match with a friend like we used to a few years ago and we got the same issue. The game will freeze you in place every 30-60 seconds it seems and then sometimes kick a player out. Im sure EA overlooked this when they switched off of Origin to EA Desktop

Message 237 of 477 (491 Views)

I cannot get a game of titanfall 2 XB1

★★ Novice

The game has been unplayable for me on XB1. Every match seizes up a couple of seconds after it starts. The ping stays up at 2500. This is occurring with public and private matches. What's the deal with this?   This game is tied for the best shooter of all time.  It ties with Titanfall.  Both are unplayable. Please fix it.

Sincerely,

major f in masingil

Message 238 of 477 (383 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 crashing with ReadPacketEntities: Failed error message

★★★ Novice

This is so frustrating for all of us is because we love playing Titanfall 2 MP - it beats the hell out of fortnite, COD Warzone, even their own Apex and every other multiplayer online shooter.

I resubscribed to my PlayStation Plus membership just to get back on TF2 not knowing there was a problem and I’ve barely had a game without some kind of interruption, mainly the Read Pack Fail error.

Come on Respawn, please sort it out. 

Message 239 of 477 (450 Views)

Re: I cannot get a game of titanfall 2 XB1

★★★ Guide
@majormasingil As you've probably seen by now, TF1 & TF2 are subject to a ddos attack that's been going on since April this year (in the case of TF2, that is - TF1 has had issues even longer) and the word is that a token technician or two are set to solve the issues. With lackluster resource commitment like that one can expect this to be ongoing for some time still.
Message 240 of 477 (377 Views)