Titanfall 2 crashes after 2-3 seconds of getting into multiplayer screen

by Xenonn1c

Original Post

Re: Titanfall 2 crashes after 2-3 seconds of getting into multiplayer screen

★ Novice

I unknowingly confirmed what the issue is.  Have been playing under my own network for years.  Switched to Advocate Network yesterday (because I saw. YouTube vid that said switching to the Advocate Network allows you to invite players into games and that seems to help with the Dow issue) and it immediately crashed.  Tried going back in several times but the game loads, lobby screen appears for a second or two, then quits to desktop.  Being in the Advocate network is the issue and unfortunately, I can’t get out of it as the lobby screen doesn’t stay up long enough to switch Networks.

Message 31 of 42 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you go to Titanfall2\R2Northstar\mods\Northstar.CustomServers\mod\cfg\ ?

Message 32 of 42 (1,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I tried the following (after experiencing the exact same issue as you did):

I disabled communities.

Launched.

Though it crashed, I did manage to play a game. Right before displaying the final score (when people are leaving already) it crashed. Launched TF2 again, crashed a couple of times but then I was fast inside networks.

It stayed there. Ok. So I created a new Network (saved all info required). It did not appear after save.

I tried (as I did previiously) to choose my private networks and buddies (including Frothy's) and obviously it would not allow me as communities were disabled.

Went on to FAQ and chose networks.

When I went back to the previous menu and open Networks, there it was the newly created network. And already chosen and set as active!!

So, exited Titanfall 2, removed communities_enabled altogether, went back in, all stable. Chose my old networks. ALL FINE.

Problem solved.

Respawn know FULL well what they have been doing to servers and what some "people" have been doing. All this, this is a shame. Titanfall 2, their creation, and a large portion of the community deserved better.

Message 33 of 42 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@异种1c 请问可不可以教一下具体怎么操作,例如:转到是什么意思,转到文件夹吗?
Message 34 of 42 (1,308 Views)

★★★ Novice

where you able to fix it? EA wont help me and blames my internet connection but that is all fine

Message 35 of 42 (1,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi its currently 09.04.2022 and i got the same problem, after ea solved the server problems, got any idee about why i cant play multiplayer?

Message 36 of 42 (1,104 Views)

★ Novice
@Xenonn1c what about a fix for steam because I got TF2 on the steam sale and I can't find the files for TF2 because it downloaded through steam library.
Message 37 of 42 (784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Engine Error
Failed to initialize Origin: Origin seems to be running, but the LSX
Authentication Challenge failed. No communication with Core is
possible. [a1020002]

What should I do?

Message 38 of 42 (746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but that is for origin I'm on EA app because of Xbox game pass

Message 39 of 42 (736 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This seems like a Northstar error; here are some troubleshooting tips:

• Make sure you are using the latest version on Northstar (v1.7.0 at the time of writing)

• run Northstar as Admin

• if nothing works, go to origin > Game Library > TF|2 > Settings > Properties > Launch Options > add this exactly: -northstar and run TITANFALL 2 like normal

If none of this does it for you, and for any future problems, create a support request over in the Northstar Discord server, They are prompt with the help

Message 40 of 42 (733 Views)