Re: Titanfall 2 Wont Laumch (DLL file issue)

by McM0o

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 Wont Laumch (DLL file issue)

★★★ Newbie

I cant get the game to load. I downloaded it fully and tried repairing the game. Same error. The exact error reads...

""Failed to load the launcher DLL at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2\bin\x64_retail\tier0.dll":

The specified module could not be found.""

Ive tried using ccleaner to get rid of any registry errors and that did not help. The physical tier0.dll file exists on my computer.

PC Specs: (Toshiba Qosmio Laptop)
GPU -- GeForce GTX 670M
CPU -- i7-3630QM @ 2.4GHz
Ram -- 16 GB, 3 video dedicated

Any advice would be much appreciated. I loved Titanfall 1 and put well over 100 hours into it. The lack of ability to play TF2 is absolutely killing me. Please help EA!

Message 1 of 31 (46,085 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This has worked for me and others.  Go to Titanfall2/_Installer/vc and run the .exe in the redist folder in both the folders you see in there, choose repair. It should fix it.

\ Credit to Nightwing3030

View in thread

Message 4 of 31 (46,795 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Novice

Having this same issue. I have tried everything that is recommended on both EA's and Titanfall 2's forums. Clean reboot, reinstall, running as admin, repairing, updating, disabling antivirus software. I updated and reinstalled my video drivers when that didn't work. I have now put about 8 hours in attempting to resolve this.

Message 2 of 31 (45,969 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same. I had someone on their chatline but they disconnected me and another representative just never replied to anything. I gave up after 20 minutes of that guy. Been working on this somewhere around 8 hours, but nothing. Put in a re-open ticket to have someone call me in the hopes that will help. But soon I am going to start demanding a refund. 

Message 3 of 31 (45,966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This has worked for me and others.  Go to Titanfall2/_Installer/vc and run the .exe in the redist folder in both the folders you see in there, choose repair. It should fix it.

\ Credit to Nightwing3030

Message 4 of 31 (46,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you IT WORKED

I seemed to have deleted Microsoft C++

Message 5 of 31 (45,810 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @om90ar for posting here and letting us know this solution worked for you.  

Enjoy the game!

Archi.png
Message 6 of 31 (45,807 Views)

★ Novice

Wait how

Message 7 of 31 (43,960 Views)

★★★ Newbie

BRUH.

I just ran into this problem and your post fixed it like a champ.

Without question, you are the complete opposite of your handle.  THANKS DUDE

Message 8 of 31 (40,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@NobodySpecial181 Maybe I'm a little slow but I have no clue what the "redist folder" is. Is it possible to break this down a little bit?
Message 9 of 31 (38,019 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@rckthe90s delete the corrupted dll and verify game files to download it again
Message 10 of 31 (37,841 Views)