Re: Multiplayer is locked and says, "This profile is not permitted to play

by Hello666rip

Original Post

Multiplayer is locked and says, "This profile is not permitted to play online."

★★★ Newbie

I've had titanfall 2 for at least four years now and I've never experienced this before. I wanted to play the multiplayer with my friend but it showed that the multiplayer is locked and on the bottom of my screen it says, "This profile is not permitted to play online." I thought it was pretty odd and so I went online to find solutions. The most common one was to test my connection while the game is loaded up and it would work after a few tries but for me it didn't. I then decided to contact EA for this and I ran a lot of trouble shooting things with them and also reviewed my account and they said I have no restrictions against my account but still had no luck. They told to contact xbox and if they could't help me then to go back to EA and report a bug. I contacted Xbox support and we did more trouble shooting and they also went through my account and they also told me I have no restrictions against my account which led to them not being able to help me. They then told me to go to back with EA to report a bug as well. I tried to report a bug but no case was made for me and I didn't get the option to contact anyone after I put in my information which now leads me to this. I'm gonna assume there is a bug right now with EA because I've noticed on reddit that a lot of people have the same issue that I have. I have xbox live gold and all my other multiplayer games work perfectly except for titanfall 2 and skate 3 (which are both EA games) because for some reason with skate 3 it also said something along the lines of, "This account is unable to be online." So is their anyone that can help me and other people that are experiencing the same problem as me. 

Message 1 of 3 (926 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

From what I found online, you need a Gold subscription to play online. I am also assuming that your EA and Xbox accounts are linked. In case you have gold and still face this issue, try restarting the system, start the game., if it says "not permitted" hop in and out of settings a few times (worked on PC for me). The last ditch hail mary effort would be to unlink and relink the EA and Xbox accounts, and if STILL nothing works, we go nuclear and opt for a re-install

Message 2 of 3 (900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried everything including the hale mary which is uninstalling the game and reinstalling the game and it still says my account is permitted to play online. Again I'm willing to try anything in order to play the multiplayer for the game. If anyone from EA can help me take this into further notice I would very much appreciate that. 

Message 3 of 3 (765 Views)