Re: Monarch Energy Siphon Destroys FPS when hit with it whilst inside a Titan

by DER_FENRISW0LF

Original Post

Monarch Energy Siphon Destroys FPS when hit with it whilst inside a Titan

★ Novice

When Inside a Titan and Getting hit by Monarchs energy siphon ability my fps drops to 3 for a solid 7 seconds. And it happens every single time.

My Gpu is a rx6800 and I've updated my drivers and this issue was also persistent on the older driver version as well.

Message 1 of 7 (1,683 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Devlin_Man make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth reinstalling the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Titanfall 2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 7 (1,619 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is a very long know issue of the game. Apparently it only happens on AMD and old Nvidia Gpus. The only fix would be patch the game, but Respawn doesn't care about their game anymore. I've nopticed that the drops also come when you are hit by arc grenades.

Message 3 of 7 (1,535 Views)

★ Novice

I just recently built myself a new PC with an RX6900XT an ran into this issue...can't believe it is now solved...

Message 4 of 7 (1,316 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have the same Problem with my RX 7900XTX. Ingame i have around 550-600 FPS, but when i get hit by the energy syphon from monarch it drops to 5 FPS for around 5 seconds. On my RTX 3070Ti i never had this problem before. DRIVERS AND OS ARE ALWAYS UP TO DATE!

Message 5 of 7 (477 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bumping this post. I have the exact same issue with a 7900 XT fresh install up-to-date drivers

Message 6 of 7 (270 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Pogo Community, 

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, and the team has worked to bring several changes since this thread first started. 

Due to our efforts to keep Answers HQ up to date, with the latest relevant information. I will be locking this thread for further replies. 

For information on why this happened, or other changes you might see on Answers HQ, check out the link below:

Forum Rules & Guidelines

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 7 (262 Views)