Game wont launch - Couldn't Initialize Sound

by thesonglessbird

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game wont launch - Couldn't Initialize Sound

★★★ Novice

When I try and run the game, it quits to the desktop almost immediately with a "Couldn't Initialize Sound" error:

Couldn't Initialize Sound.

Please make sure you have a sound playback device that is enabled and properly configured.

Failed in: MilesDriverCreate

Miles output follows:

Audio Hardware Error: Failed to initialize IAudioClient (shared, event mode, float, chans=2, rate=96000, HR=AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_IN_USE)

Failed to initialized WASAPI audio hardware, trying XAudio.

Couldn't create XAudio2 master voice.

This is only a problem when using my primary audio device (Focusrite Scarlet 2i2). If I switch to onboard sound, things work fine. Unfortunately, this isn't ideal with my setup. I play a lot of games and have had no problems in the past. Specs as follows:

i7 6700k

2 x Nvidia GTX 1080

16gb DDR4

Focusrite Scarlet 2i2

DXDiag attached.

Message 1 of 31 (111,008 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game wont launch - Couldn't Initialize Sound

★★★★ Novice

Hey I have had the same issue with the same sound card and I found a workaround.

1) From the desktop right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom right and click on playback devices.

2) Right-click on the Line Out scarlett 2i2 device and click properties.

3) under the advanced tab drop the frequency setting to 2 channel, 16 bit 44100Hz and click apply.

Now the game should launch fine. It doesn't seem to like that being set above 44100Hz.

View in thread

Message 3 of 31 (114,736 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @thesonglessbird for reporting this and posting about your workaround. I will forward your report to the developers for them to take a closer look.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 31 (110,871 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey I have had the same issue with the same sound card and I found a workaround.

1) From the desktop right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom right and click on playback devices.

2) Right-click on the Line Out scarlett 2i2 device and click properties.

3) under the advanced tab drop the frequency setting to 2 channel, 16 bit 44100Hz and click apply.

Now the game should launch fine. It doesn't seem to like that being set above 44100Hz.

Message 3 of 31 (114,737 Views)

Community Manager

@Lt-Dimension Wonderful, well found. I'll mark this as a solution to draw attention to it. 

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 31 (110,829 Views)

★★ Novice

I've got the same issue only my error is different then listed above.

It says:

Couldn't initialize sound.

Please make sure you have a sound playback device that is enabled and properly configured.

Failed in: MilesBankGetStatus

Miles output follows:

Streaming source r2\sound\general_stream,.mstr is not a Miles Stream

I've tried the above solution, but this does not work for me.

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 31 (110,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I spoke with a representative about the problem (MilesBankGetStatus) above I was having, this fixed it for me.

ORIGIN Clear Cache -
1. Please click on the Origin menu on the top left of Origin window and select Exit option.
2. Please hold down the Windows Key and press R. (This will open the Run dialogue.)
3. Type %ProgramData% and press enter to open ProgramData folder.
4. Delete Origin folder from this ProgramData folder.

Cheers to anyone's game this fixes.

Message 6 of 31 (109,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Davidi've got the same problem, but the only difference is that it shows HR=AUDCLNT_E_ENDPOINT_CREATE_FAILED. I tried using the same solution as provided by @Lt-Dimension, but it didn't work. SO what am I supposed to do? P.S. It used to run perfectly in the beginning, i even completed missions beyond effect and cause, but then I paused the game, put the pc on stand by, and the next time I open up, the game has frozen. I ended the task, opened it up again, and this message is what I get. Plz help me out. AS far as PC's concerned, am sure it won't be a problem, cause its a predator helios 300 gaming laptop...my point being, problem's not with the hardware. 

Message 7 of 31 (107,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This has happened on my Xbox One version of Titanfall 2. Any ideas how to fix it on Xbone?
Message 8 of 31 (106,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My computer dosent have sound and now i literly can't playd the game. Anybody have any ideas for a fixa?

Message 9 of 31 (104,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Fixa?
Message 10 of 31 (104,205 Views)